The breeze was cold. Jess could feel it through her sweater and she wished she dressed warmer.

Kimberly told her mutable times to wear a jacket before they left. She didn't want to say she was cold or else Kim would say 'I told you so'.

Her hands were cold and the only thing on them were yellow rubber gloves to toss meat onto the pathway as they walked by.

The whole walk Jess felt a nostalgical memory form last year. When they would walk down the train tracks with Eleven. 

Steves loud voice interrupted Jess from her thoughts. "Wait a minute. You kept something that was dangerous just so you could impress a girl who you just met?"

"Okay, that is grossly over simplifying things" Dustin scoffs. "Why would some girl like some nasty old slug anyway?"

"An inter dimensional slug? Because it's awesome!" He replies with a grin.

"It just kinda seems like you're trying to hard. I mean what about her" Steve says, turning around and looking at Jess who gave them both a weird look.

"No, Jess is my best friend. She's like my sister. We're platonic soulmates" he mumbles with a small laugh. "Well I still think you're trying to hard with the slug"

"Well not everyone can have your perfect hair. Steve"

Steve rolls his eyes. "It's not about the hair. The key to girls is acting like you don't care"

"What kind of advice is that?" Kim asks. Steve turns around quickly "you've been listening this whole time?"

"You're right in-front of us and very loud. I don't really have a choice to listen or not"

Steve rolls his eyes again and turns back around. "Well anyway, acting like you don't care, drives them crazy"

"Then what?"

"Then you wait until you feel it"

"Feel what?"

"It's like before it's gonna storm you know? You can't see it but you can feel it. It's like this electricity you know?"

"Oh, like the electromagnetic field when the clouds in the atmosphere-"

"No, no, no. It's like a uh... like a sexual electricity"

"When you wait for the storm and the electric magnetic field-" Steve mumbles quietly. "Steve! He's a kid" Kim mutters as she walks closer to them.

"No! I'm 14 and a half" Dustin snapped back. "See Kim. He's 14"

"And a half" Dustin adds and Steve just nods. "So is that when you kiss her?" Dustin asks. "What?"

"When you feel the electricity"

"Wow! Slow down Romeo. Okay, some girls they want you to be aggressive. You know, strong, hot and heavy. Like I don't know, a lion. But other girls, you gotta be slow and stealthy like a ninja"

"What type is Nancy?" Dustin asks. "Nancys different she's not like the other girls. She's special"

"About Kimberly" Dustin mumbled before looking at Kim. "I'm not sure, she's also special"

"But this girl's special too, you know it's just something about her-"

Steve stops walking. "Wow, wow, wow. Hey. You're not falling in love with this girl, are you?" He asks.

Dustin shakes his head "no, no"

"Good. Don't. She's only gonna break your heart and you're way to young for that shit"

The conversation gets quite and Steve noticed that Dustin was a little upset. "Fabergé" he mumbled while pointing at his hair.

"What?"

"It's fabergé organics. Use the shampoo and conditioner and when your hairs damp. It's not wet okay? When it's damp. You do four puffs of the Farrah Fawcett spray"

"Farrah Fawcett?" Dustin mocks.

"Yeah, tell anyone and your ass is grass. Got it Henderson?"

"Also go's for you too Kline. Tell anyone and your ass is grass"

Kim put her hands up in defence. "Okay" she turned to Jess who was focused on a spot on the ground.

"What are they even taking about?" Kim mumbles.

"I don't know" Jess mutters even though she did know. She now knew Dustin liked Max, and he would have a better shot then her.

Jess didn't know why she was feeling so jealous it wasn't like she had a shot anyway, she didn't even know she liked max that much until now.