48. 2 days later

2 DAYS LATER

2 DAYS LATER.

✧・゚: * Nora feels like shit.

Her mouth is more dry than a desert, her right arm feels absolutely paralyzed, whatever weird gown she has on right now feels like what it must be like to get Poison Ivy with how itchy it is, it feels like sun itself is two inches from her eyes, and she's still not 100% convinced someone didn't drop an anvil on her stomach.

She's waking up her from what's at least her 15th nap of the day, or maybe it's tomorrow? Maybe even the next week? It's hard to have a sense of time in a hospital room.

And, she also learned in addition to the bullet wounds that Jason gave her, she also got a concussion when he pushed her to ground during their fight. So. Great.

She first woke up to Steve, Max, Nancy, and Erica all peering over her by the sides of the hospital bed, and Dustin walking in and then screaming her name over and over again and suffocating her in a giant bear hug while the other four tell him to stop trying to kill her but also doing nothing to stop him, but rather piling onto her as well.

Dustin then explained how they were all taking shifts traveling between her's and Eddie's hospital room, where he lay bedridden too.

They all assured Nora he would be okay when she tried standing up to go see him and promptly falling back down on the bed at the sudden pain shooting up her stomach, and directed her attention towards the more pressing matters at hand.

Apparently, in some way that she's too high up on Morphine to really understand, Nora was Vecna's fourth victim.

When the ambulance came, they said her heart had stopped, and the whole thing she had in the Upside Down with the prophesied visions her and Nancy saw meant she had enough of a connection to Vecna for him to still feel when she died, and it allowed him open up a supergate all throughout Hawkins.

A lot of people were injured, a few even dead, and the high school has set up a thing for people to go where the other's have been spending their time when the hospital kicks them out.

Steve apparently has been going insane, being allowed to stay with Nora 24/7 with his immediate family title, but Nora would almost argue Max is worse considering she can only spend 14 hours at a time with her girlfriend.

Since all these revelations, Nora managed to convince everyone to go help the people who actually need it, giving Steve full permission to pack up anything from her room that would be of more use to someone else.

Eddie recovered a bit sooner, and is only stuck in a neck brace now, meaning he's been walking back and forth when he can to play card games with Nora when she's up and planning their next campaign when she's still napping.

She isn't sure all the logistics of everything, but there's going to be a court case where Eddie is pleading not guilty of all the murders and everything, and a lot of people are saying he's going to win, so that's good!

"Guys," is Max's voice and Nora moves her head to the side to see the redhead get up suddenly from her seemingly permanent spot beside Nora's bed to move towards the door where Nora turns again to see Mike, Will, and El walk through.

They all hug hello before rushing over to Nora where the girl is immensely trying to sit up and greet her friends properly.

"You're gonna have a sick scar," is how Mike says hello, and she would've smacked him over the head is he weren't right and she was thinking the same thing as well - and if her arm didn't feel like it was going to explode every time she moved it.

"Is this okay?" Will asks as wraps his arms around her in a hug, smothering her face in his shoulder so she couldn't answer if it wasn't anyway.

"Hmhmf," she mumbles into his jacket, causing him to take the hint and move back suddenly.

"Right, sorry."

"Nora," El is next to fall onto the bed beside her, hugging her not unlike Will did, just a bit gentler.

And the five spend the next hour or two or four catching up, Eddie joining them at some point too to share his own rendition of his heroic acts with the bats.

Nora feels a headache coming on again, so the group starts taking their leave, also deciding they had to get El some place safe, and soon only Max and Nora are left in the room.

Max has made her way onto the bed with Nora, their fingers interlaced as Max plays with Nora's hair while she drifts off to sleep leaning on her shoulder.

"When am I getting out of here?" She mumbles, suddenly realizing she has no idea what the future holds for her.

"Relax," Max laughs. "It's only been two days."

"That's it?" Nora frowns. "What about our movie this Friday? . . . What day is it?"

"Tuesday," Max answers, a smile in her voice. "And we'll catch it another Friday, I promise."

"You never told me about that memory," Nora decides to change the subject suddenly, her brain hurting at the idea of sitting in a dark room while a giant projector practically shines directly into her face. "Your happy one."

"I told you I would when all this is over," Max says again. "I don't wanna wear it out."

"You're so annoying."

"But you love me."

Nora moves her chin up so her and Max are eye to eye. "Yeah, I do."

And they kiss, and to Nora it feels like the first time with the fireworks bursting in her stomach. . . but that may also be the drugs wearing off, so.

a/n:
idk if anyone actually cares abt the logistics and stuff ab Vecna and his victims and stuff now that I kinda changed the plot but I added it anyway jic but if it doesn't rlly make sense u can just ignore it and fill in ur own stuff idk 🤞

anyway ty all for reading fr now (unless u bully me into releasing more bonus chapters 😞) and see u all for s5 😘😘

also! I want to write more fanfics but idk what fandom for so pls drop recs/ideas and I'll probs come up w something
- rn I have an It/richie tozier draft, the summer I turned pretty/jeremiah fisher, cobra kai/hawk or Eli, all for the game/kevin day, and ideas for a Harry Potter marauders love story but am also open to more suggestion so lmk ur thoughts on everything