34. looking for clues

LOOKING FOR CLUES

LOOKING FOR CLUES

・゚: * "Lucas. Lucas, wake up," Nora shakes him awake and he groans dramatically while rubbing his eyes.

Everyone filed out of the place awhile ago, and Lucas refused to let Nora go back home with everything going on, so the two crashed in the abandoned building with Jason, Patrick, and the other dude for the night.

The next morning, the latter three got up with the sun and started packing shit in Jason's trunk, and Nora needs Lucas to wake up to see what their plan is, because Nora would never voluntarily talk to them more than she has to.

Lucas leads them out to where the trio is and they all turn to stare. Nora almost laughs at them for their matching basketball jackets but then realizes she had to change into her cheer uniform because of her lack of brains telling her for some reason she didn't need to pack anything else.

"Look who finally decided to join us," tweedledum looks over at the duo.

"You coming too, princess?" Jason nods at Nora, taking in her outfit that is definitely not suited for anything that involves the amount of baseball bats they just packed into the trunk.

"What are you guys doing?" Lucas just stands and stares, Nora pretending Jason didn't say anything.

"We're gearing up."

"Preparing for the hunt."

Teenage boys are so weird.

"Hey, man," Jason notices what must be the freaked out look on Lucas' face. "Relax. We're not killers like Eddie," he puts a hand on his shoulder. "We just wanna talk to him. Get him to admit his crime."

"Yeah," what's-his-face talks again for some reason. "A little friendly neighborhood chat."

"Hey," Jason now turns to Nora and it takes everything in her not to cringe away. "You knew Chris."

Barely. Making out with someone's sister surprisingly does not call for frequent conversation.

"She wouldn't do this stuff," and Nora knew he was right but as much as her and Eddie don't get along, she would rank him above Jason any day.

"Hm," she lets out, not quite an agreement, but acknowledgment still.

"If you're not up for this you can go home," he looks at them both now. "No judgement," Jason hits Lucas on the shoulder in that weird bro way, "you'll still be one of us."

Nora senses Lucas pausing and let's her gaze turn to him, curious of his answer.

"We'll do it."

・゚: * Patrick winces and reaches a hand to his head in front of Nora in the car.

"Patrick, your nose," stupidhead says from beside him. "Your nose is bleeding, dude. God, gross."