7. justice for mews

JUSTICE FOR MEWS

JUSTICE FOR MEWS

・゚: * "Steve, I don't have to come flower shopping with you," Nora sighs as she sits in the car with her big brother anyways. "Just buy the red roses, obviously."

"I know, I know," he shakes his head and starts the car. "I just want it to be perfect, y'know?"

Nora just switches the radio channel and turns the volume up. Steve switches the channel back and turns it back down again. The two go back and forth until Steve just keeps both hands on the wheel and Nora grins as Queen blasts through the speakers.

They pull up in front of the almost full grocery store and Steve immediately rushes out, Nora trailing behind him.

"Okay," he stops in front of the flowers display. The smell wafting through Nora's nose, she takes a deep breath before grabbing two bouquets, handing one to Steve, keeping the other in her hand. Steve just shoots her a look before leading the two over to the cashier.

Steve pays whatever price they are as the lady gives a small smile to Nora and the flowers in her hand. She wouldn't be smiling if she knew who they were for.

"Can you drop me off at the arcade?" Nora asks, staring at the flowers intently, as if they were going to run away from her, as they start off to the Wheeler's.

"What? No. You have to help me with Nancy," Steve whines, starting to bounce his leg up and down.

"She's your girlfriend," Nora begs. "Ex-girlfriend?" She says after a pause.

"Shut up. You're coming with me. End of discussion."

Nora just rolls her eyes and tosses her head back. So much for brotherly love.

He pulls up in front of the Wheeler's house and takes a deep breath. "Hey," Nora, looks him. "If she's not hopelessly in love with you by the time you come out. . . then maybe Mr. Wheeler will like the flowers."

Steve gives her a look, "I should've known better than to expect you to give me real advice."

Nora grins. "Go get your girl, loser."

Steve gets out of the car but pauses when someone calls his name from the sidewalk.

"Dustin?" Nora gets out of the car too.

"Guys," he walks up to the two. "Are those for Mr. and Mrs. Wheeler?"

"No," Steve frowned at the roses.

"They could b-" Nora was cut off as Dustin snatched them from Steve's hand, as well as the bouquet in her hand.

"Good," Dustin starts off towards Steve's car.

"Hey!" Nora walks after him.

"What the hell?" Steve follows.

"Nancy isn't home," Dustin says an explanation.