20. don't wish i were heather

DON'T WISH I WERE HEATHER

・゚: * Nora, El, and Max are currently on their way to Max's house. It's late in the afternoon, and dark clouds are covering up the sunlight, but none of the girls seem to mind the weather issues.

It took a lot of convincing, but after El continuously expressed her worry for whatever she saw the night before, Max and Nora finally agreed to come with her to check on Billy.

"It's gonna start pouring soon," Max informs mostly El as they turn onto Old Cherry Road. "We should be at the mall or, like, watching a movie or something."

"The Breakfast Club is playing in theaters!" Nora exclaims at the mention of movies.

"Still?" Max also seems excited.

"Yeah! Apparently it's super good-"

"You don't believe me?" El looks at the two girls who would rather do anything than what El wants.

Nora frowns as Max explains quickly, "We believe you some super weird stuff, totally, but. . ."

"Mike has sensed you before, right?" Nora carries on. El nods. "So, maybe it was like that. Maybe, Billy just. . . sensed you. . . somehow."

"But the screams," El reminds.

Max sighs and Nora makes her disgusted face again.

"Yeah, I know," Max starts. "But, here's the thing: when Billy is alone with a girl, they make, like, really crazy noises."

Nora cringes while El's eyes widen, "they scream?"

"Yeah. . . but like. . . happy screams. . ." Max hesitates.

"Happy screams?" El asks with a confused face. "What is happy screams?"

"It's like. . ." Max trails, looking at Nora for help, but Nora just shakes her head vigorously. "I'll lend you my mom's Cosmo," Max offers, as they approach the front door.

As they look around the house and the driveway, Nora and Max notice no one's home. "His car's not here," Max states. "You really want to do this?"

El nods determined while Max just gives an annoyed look to Nora. Nora gives a "do-it-for-her" glare and pushes the door open to reveal the empty (and quite messy) house.

Nora scrunches her face as Max leads the way to Billy's room and has to physically refrain from gagging as the door opens.