47. goddamn jason carver

Start from the beginning

"Jesus Christ, can you just listen?" Nora moves to the side slowly, so if something happens to Max while this asshole is threatening her, she'll have closer access to the music. "There's no cult! There never was."

"I'm not buying that bullshit! What the hell was Chrissy doing at that freak's trailer?!"

"Buying drugs!"

"Liar!" A shot goes off, and Nora flinches heavily as she hears the bullet hit the beam beside her.

"Holy shit, are you insane?! You could've killed me!"

"And I fucking will!" He jostles the gun as an action to get Nora talking more.

"Listen! Chrissy was seeing things. Bad things. Like, hallucinations, okay?" She explains as if talking to a child - might as well be. "She was seeing things that Vecna wanted her to see," and Nora's not really sure is Jason knows what she means by that, but isn't going to sidetrack now. "She was scared, she was looking for help."

"See that's how I know you're lying," Jason states. "If she was scared, if she wanted help, she would've come to me!"

"Maybe she doesn't like you as much as your ego makes you think!"

"I can't believe I let Sinclair convince me to let you through the door. I bet he's in on this too, isn't he?"

Nora wishes she could come up with a witty remark as a way to have the last word, but doesn't have much time to think as she dives towards Jason to tackle him, smartly missing the bullet he shot forward instinctively.

She runs him straight to the wall, surprising both of them with her strength, but not pausing to dwell on it as she moves to smash his face into the wood.

"Only you make me rethink my 'no hitting a girl' policy, Harrington," he easily fights back against the smaller girl, even if his gun has flown out of his hand, pushing her away as defense.

"Fuck you, Carver," is all she think as she tries to maneuver her way out of a situation that was incredibly stupid of her to get into in the first place.

He goes for her this time, pushing to the ground in the area closer to the door, and a few more feet Nora probably would've fallen down the steps.

As he walks closer and closer, he steps on top of the Walkman without a care in the world.

Nora sees red with rage and adrenaline and fear and every other negative emotion she can think of as she kicks with both legs straight ahead, hitting Jason right in the gut. . . maybe lower.

"Oh," he falls back in pain, but Nora keeps kicking him away by the legs and stomach to get him on the far side of the room.

By now he's stopped groaning in pain, but he hasn't completely passed out, so Nora knows she doesn't have enough time to try and recover the Walkman, and instead rushes to Max's side and falls next to her to see her eyes roll to the back of her head.

"Max? Max!" Nora tries shaking the redhead by the shoulders, but nothing's waking her up. "Jesus, fuck, okay. Okay. Um." Oh god.

"If. . . if only I could- I'd. . . uh, oh my God, I'd make- make a deal. . . a deal with. . . God. . . And- uh, well, I'd get him. . . to. . . swap our- our places. . . I, um, I-don't-really-know-the-rest-of-the-words," she continues on at the end, still in her absolutely horrific singing voice.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Max suddenly falls backwards, but Nora quickly catches her and holds her in her arms.

"Fuck, I didn't think that would work."

"Nora," Max mumbles, quickly gaining an understanding of her surroundings and sitting up to wrap her arms around Nora. "Oh my God, Nora. Wait- I. . . no, wait, I have to go back-"

"You're joking, right?"

"El- El's in there. . . with Vecna- she-"

"Max, whatever happened in there must've been a lot, okay, you probably didn't really get it-"

"No! No, Nora, I know what I saw, I- I have to go back, I have to help El-"

"Max, c'mon, you don't know what you're saying-"

Nora and Max both flinch as a gunshot rings through the air.

The girl's arms were still wrapped around each other's in their sitting position, but Nora feels her arm drop and her shoulder be filled with the most horrific pain as they both turn to the source of the sound.

Jason's finger was on the trigger of the gun he was carrying, but now lay on its side an arms length from him, his eyes slowly closing as he lost consciousness.

Before he completely shut his eyes, Nora and Max both saw him trying to mess with the gun some more. They instinctively jump up to seek cover, Max worrying over Nora's arm but the adrenaline rushing through her body right now making her almost oblivious to the open wound in her shoulder.

Another shot goes off, and Nora has no trouble determining where the bullet went as she falls to her knees, Max also moving next to her as both girls reach their hands out in weak attempts to stop the bleeding coming from Nora's stomach.

The girl feels like throwing up from the shooting pain spreading throughout her abdomen, and can't determine whether the blur in her vision is coming from the tears streaming down her face or her body's desperate attempt to slip unconscious - maybe that will get rid off the pain.

"Nor, Nora, stay with me please," Max's voice sounds lightyears away, and all she really wants right now is to go sleep and get rid of the searing pain that's starting to spread throughout her entire body.

"Lucas! Erica, call an ambulance! Call 911!"

But it's as if the words are coming from underwater. Maybe Nora's the one whos underwater. She is having difficulty breathing, and has her stomach always felt this heavy?

She barely even notices as she falls into Max, and the redhead's tears mix with her own as she looks down on her.

"Stay with me, Nor, c'mon. Please-"

"My stomach hurts," and Nora didn't realize how much energy it would take her to say three words. "I don't- I can't-"

"Sh, sh," Max tries consoling her and making her save her energy. "I know, I know. It'll be okay, okay? You'll be okay. C'mon, just keeping talking to me. Keep looking at me. Please, Nor, c'mon, you-"

And Nora's pretty sure that's the moment it all goes dark.

a/n:
thank u all for reading this story and supporting me thru everything, I really couldn't have it without u all and ur amazing and funny and cute comments and totally random reading lists u add this story to-

I'm jk there's one more chapter 😁😁😁