Malik

I looked at Ahsha as she looked at Nasir. "Hi." She said softly. From where I stood his hands and feet started waving wildly. "Did you miss me? I missed you." She said before Nasir squealed. She chuckled picking him up. Ahsha kissed his cheek hugging him as close as she could without hurting him. She turned and looked at me. She rubbed our son's back soothingly all while her eyes stared into mine.

"Such nasty thoughts." She said shaking her head. I laughed gaining Nasir's attention. "Well in my defense it has been a while and most of them do belong to Pablo." I countered walking towards her before kissing Nasir's head. Her eyes softened at the mention of Pablo. "You two should go back out there and be with your people. This night is to celebrate you both." She said. I glanced over at Ares seeing him stand where I once was. "No," I said.

"What happens now? For us?" Ares asked her. She looked back at Nasir rubbing her nose against his. As I watched the two of them, I felt warmth spread across my chest. I felt safe and loved. I looked at Ares seeing him look at his body confused. "It's Nasir's emotions," Ahsha said. "What?" Ares said joining us. "Because I've shared some of my power, you can feel what I feel, and I can feel Nasir's emotions." She explained.

We stared down at Nasir as he looked up at Ahsha with a smile. "As for what happens now, we should go join our guest." She said. Dread filled my body at the thought of that. "That's not what I meant," Ares said. "You're a queen. The queen of the most powerful people on the planet, are you leaving us again?" He asked.

Omniscient

It had been two days since Ahsha had returned. Two days with the Oyeyemi walking around the Ahmad-Desrosiers home. Ares and Malik both sat at the table watching the people walk around. "Is this what having a close family feels like?" Ares asked. "I guess so," Malik said as a plate of delicious food was placed in front of him. The room fell silent causing the two brothers to look up. They scanned the room before their eyes fell on Ahsha who was holding Nasir.

As she walked toward them everyone bowed their head. Once they reached the table the noise picked back up. "Good morning." She said as she sat down with a smile. "Good morning," Malik said. "How did you sleep?" Ares asked. "Fine just like yesterday." She told him. The air between them fell silent.

"Are you going to talk to us now? Tell us what's going on?" Ares asked. "We have questions, and you haven't told us anything." Malik trailed as the conversations around them switched from English to the Oyeyemi's native language.

Ahsha laughed. "Stop it. They have a point." She said. "Let's talk." She said looking at the two of them.

--

Ares tilted his head as he and Malik watched Ahsha kneel as she stared into the water of the small pond they had in the backyard. "Ask your questions." She said. "Are you leaving to rule over the Oyeyemi?" Ares asked her. "No," Ahsha said as she stood turning to face both of them.

"I will be primarily staying here, but like I said last night you two are more than welcome to join me when I have to leave." She said with a smile. "What are we going to do with Mira? We left her alone as you asked, but you're back now." Malik said.

"Isa and I are calling a hearing," I said. "What?" Ares said in disbelief. "I understand that some things needed to remain private to keep the peace. However, this family has done far too many treacherous things in the dark." Ahsha spoke her words sending a chill over both of them.

"While I was away, I saw everything—past and present." She said looking away from them. They watched her closely. "By order of the Oyeyemi, the Ahmad family is being accused of breaking a number of the treaties put in place to secure harmony and balance between the five families." She explained.