Chapter 1 - Wheels On The Bus

{Song:
               Wheels on the Bus
                                                Melanie Martinez}

Aries pov:

A sharp pain winced through me as the alarm clock's beeping echoed through my head and it struck 6:30.

"Augh-" I reached for the snooze button but my hand got swatted away. I flinched and looked around, not realizing anyone else was in here.

"Aries, that is the 4th time you've have hit that goddamn button! Get up, brush your teeth, and try not to look homeless please."

"Yeah, I just- I don't feel to good today." I told her softening my eyebrows and giving her a pleading look.

She didn't seem convinced.

"Aries. I swear to John, Marry, and Joseph if you don't get out this bed-" she didn't even have to finish her sentence and I could tell she was about to smack my head.

I jumped out of bed, suddenly wide awake, and started to stretch until she was sure I wasn't going to go back to sleep.

I hope they choose me just so I can get out of this house. I thought to myself as I contemplated on wearing my black sweatpants or my red ones.

As I got ready for the day my mind started to fill with my normal questions like, 'what's the record for the most sushi rolls in someone's mouth?' or 'what's the weirdest thing anyone's every filled a pool with?'

But my thoughts started to lead into a different more serious route than usual like 'what might happen if they did end up choosing me?'

Of course they wouldn't, but I guess the mind wonders about things that you dream of happening- or don't dream of.

Questions like,

'What if I get picked?'

'Will I have to leave my mom?'

'Will I have to live with other people?'

'I just become a heroic prince all of the sudden?'

I felt my phone vibrate on the counter next to me and I looked down to see a email from the school principal.

'What the hell..?'

Taurus pov:

' Hello dear student of Sparks High,
It is your principal, Mr. Astroid, to let you know that you have made it to a cut list.
As you know, there has been some announcements about the rulers of the kingdoms needing new care and guidance. Though you may have not been aware, they have looked at your personal records and profiles and have selected 100 to make cut list. Even though this is very exciting news, I ask you not to set your hopes too high as only 12 of you will make the final cut. We wish to see you there and good luck!
                - With love, Stars High Academy'

I stared at my phone in shock not believing what I just read. Panicking I looked at the sender to see if it was some horrible prank someone had been pulling on me.

It says that it came from the academy.

'Maybe it was sent to the wrong person?'

I started to check over the email one more time to see if it had any clues that maybe this could be sent to anyone other than me.

Nothing.

"Hey, everything ok? You seem kinda lost." My sister peaked her head in trying to check on me.