"I love you mom." I said as a tear trickled down my cheek.

"I love you too, ma." Said Zoe as she joined hands with me.

"I love you both so much. You need to go back now."

"We never spread your ashes. We didn't know where to spread them."

"You remember that Christmas holdiay we had. In that huge cabin that had a massive lake. And those peddle boats and floaties."

"Yeah." We both laughed.

"I want you to get that for Christmas this year and spread them on the lake. But not just you two, take your family with you. It's big enough for all of you."

"We will mom." I smiled.

"And, you remember Rick? He passed 2 weeks ago, his dog Sniper was put in a shelter. Please go and get him. Give him the rest of his life, he's only 2."

"We will ma." Smiled Zoe.

"You need to go now. I love you guys so much. I'll see you later. Look after each other."

"I love you too." Zoe and I said together.

"Look after Rick." Zoe smiled.

We waved bye to our mom as we walked hand in hand towards a door. As Zoe and I turned around to say goodbye one last time, another voice spoke.

"I miss you." Said Shay.

I turned around and sprinted to Shay but stopped when Shay put her hand out.

"You can't."

"I know but I miss you so much."

"I miss you and Kelly so much. Please tell him that I'm glad he found Stella, they're good together."

"I will."

"Have you dated another girl since me?"

"No."

"I knew you weren't 100% lesbian. And I don't judge you. Have you found someone?"

"Maybe. I don't know if he feels the same though."

"You tell Jay you like him. That's what I want for Christmas, you two together."

"I'll tell him Shay. I love you, see you one day."

"See you one day."

"Pinky promise?"

"Pinky promise."

I turned around and walked back to Zoe. We held hands as we waved bye to Shay and our mom before walking towards the door, towards the beeping.

*Will's Pov*

The machines stopped beeping and went back to a steady rhythm.

"They're alive! Thank god." I sighed.

"Thank god!" Smiled Jay as he wiped his tears.

"Thank mom." Whined Zoe and Jordan in pain as they smiled at each other. 

I don't really understand why they said it but I just ignored it and focused more on saving them.

"We need a favour." Said Zoe.

"You guys nearly just died and you ask for a favour." Said Severide.

"Yeah. We need you to call up local shelters and ask if they have a dog called Sniper. He was brought in 2 weeks ago and he's a Doberman." Jordan explained.

"We'll get right on that." Said Adam as he pointed to the Unit.

We needed to get Jordan and Zoe into surgery so we knocked them both out with anaesthesia. Crockett took Jordan with Ethan because her injuries were a lot worse considering she had been shot twice. I took Zoe up to surgery and Rhodes came up to help me.

*Jay's Pov*

"Why do you think she said that?" I asked.

"Said what?" Asked Adam.

"About the dog. Where did they get the idea of a dog from?" I asked.

"I don't know. Kevin and I will call around and see what we can find out about this dog." Said Adam.

"Thanks." I said.

"You two are going to be the death of me." Said Hank as he walked up to me and pulled me into a hug.

"I apologise on behalf of both of us. We shouldn't have denied your orders."

"No you shouldn't have but I'm glad you did because this man will not bother anyone again and you saved everyone."

"Jordan saved everyone." I said.

"You came with her didn't you? You brought her back to life."

When he said those words, it all hit me. She nearly died. I nearly lost her. My heart felt like it was ripped out, stomped on and then shoved back in.

*No One's Pov*

"I-I think... I love her." Jay said.

Hank let out a chuckle and everyone else did too.

"We knew that, bro." Said Kevin.

"You've only just figured that out." Said Kim.

"I nearly just lost my girl. The girl I love. The girl I would do absolutely anything for just to make sure she was safe. And...and I didn't. She took the bullets. She's fighting for her life and I stood there, watching."

"No, Jay. No. You couldn't run to her because he would've killed you. But you, you. Brought her back to life."

"Yeah and nearly got her killed. I should've stopped her."

"Stop. Jay. Stop. Jordan is reckless, we all know that but she does it safely. She gets the job done but doesn't push it. She makes sure everyone is safe." Said Hank.

Jay broke down into tears in Hank's arms. He held him as he cried on his shoulder.

"Hey, she's gonna make it okay." Said Hank as he held Jay.

"I've got news." Said Will as walked in with Crockett by his side.