Fourteen

Day 6;

After a well deserved day to relax and food shop the aviators were all to report back for more maverick style training.

Lucille was walking side by side with Natasha toward the canteen area. She'd mostly let Nat chat away, unsure how to talk to her without bringing up what her and Bradley had seen the night of her birthday night out.

Phoenix was clueless that this had happened, and Lucille pushed Bradley back inside the bar before he could realise it was Phoenix in that car.

The given breakfast today was fried eggs, toast with avocado if it was wanted. Lucille took it, she didn't particularly enjoy the taste but extra food right? Phoenix had already started eating hers when Thistle had sat across from her, not making eye contact, just pulling the plastic cutlery out from under the plate.

"Spit it out" Natasha's voice got her attention, allow she continued to cut her toast rather than look up.

"I don't know what you mean" she tried to push this aside, certain Nat had sussed her out, she always did, she was too smart for her own good.

"What's wrong?" Lucille again shook her head after she spoke, Nat continued, "come on, you've hardly spoke to me, never mind not even looking at me" guilt filled the girl up as her friend spoke, she wasn't trying to make it seem that way, "what have I done Lucy?" There was that nickname again.

She didn't want to keep it from her friend, but this wasn't the place to discuss it, considering Jake and all the other aviators sat around them at different tables, "nothing really, besides-" Lucille paused to take a sip of her water, "I don't think you want me to tell you, here"

"Why not?" Okay, maybe she wasn't too smart for her own good.

"I'll tell you later I promise"

Natasha wouldn't accept that response, "you'll tell me now" she put her cutlery down, "seriously you're freaking me out!"

Shit. Well she could hint at it right?

"I saw you" Lucille spoke, shovelling a forkful of food into her mouth afterwards. Natasha shook her head and gave her a confused look, "when we were at the bar, I saw you"

Natasha let out a laugh.

Why was she laughing?

"Of course you did, we went together" she's laughing because she had no idea what Lucille was hinting at.

"No, I saw you in the car" she confirmed. Natasha still looked puzzled momentarily until her eyes widened and cheeks flushed. Lucille watched as she let out sigh, scratching her neck afterward.

"Did uh, did anyone else see?" Natasha looked totally flustered, Lucille had never seen her this way and she was a fighter pilot who put her life on the line everyday. Yes. Someone else saw.

"Maybe" Lucille figured she'd attempt to soften the blow.

"Maybe? What the hell does maybe mean?" Natasha started to yell, quickly lowering her voice as people turned their heads.

"Rooster"

Natasha slapped a hand to her forehead.