Twelve

Natasha had asked Lucille over to get ready, and for dinner before hand. Dinner that she made, a traditionally Scottish dinner that she knew Lucille loved, she'd spent hours prepping the night before for something she wasn't sure how to make or where to start.

"Is this, mince and tatties" Lucille's voice was nearly a squeak from the excitement. She stood over the table as Nat put the plates down.

"It's an attempt at mince and tatties," she sounded unsure of her pronunciation of that last word, which made Lucille smile.

"Mum used to make it, every Friday" she smiled looking down at the plate while she pulled her chair out to sit across from Nat.

"I know, I added carrots, peas and onions" Nat rambled on as Lucille took her first bite, Nat froze waiting for some sort of response.

A blissful hum came from the girls lips, "this is insane!" She complimented the chef.

The two scoffed the food pretty quickly, Phoenix was unsure at first, but turned out she damn loved it, she wanted to make it more often which Lucille was more than happy with.

Lucille had gone for a shower, later getting changed in a spare room while Phoenix went for a shower.

She'd pulled on some leather look trousers which fit her perfectly, right around her hips, thighs and bum. Looser around her calf's. She had a corset style top on, that emphasised her shape.

As she sat curling parts of her hair Nat joined her, changed into a lovely blue dress. "So" she began, sitting on the bed behind where Lucille sat.

"So?"

"Earlier on the beach, you and Rooster looked close" her brow lifted as she spoke. Lucille shook her head, they had not been close.

"He pulled me down, I didn't choose to lay down on top of him" she put the curling iron down, turning and twisting her torso to face her friend.

"And the sun cream?" Lucille didn't have an answer to that, "what about after the game?" Again, no answer to that. She was annoyed with herself for being so close to him, he'd always made her want to be close but he was an arsehole. He'd called her pathetic, called her dangerous, that he wouldn't save her should something happen.

As she sat she felt anger bubbling up, anger she refused to let win, it was her night and she'd damn well enjoy it.

"What about you Tasha?" She smirked trying to change topic.

"What about me?" She looked calm.

"Must just be an admirer then" Lucille smiled while she stood, grabbing a clip to clip up most of her curled hair to the back of her head, a few strands framing her face perfectly.

Natasha didn't respond.

She didn't think about it very much, just left soon after, a taxi to the Hard Deck.

Lucille's POV;

The place was pretty full, of course majority was other folk there for whatever reason, but my eyes quickly found all the aviators around the pool table yet again.

Natasha walked ahead of me, I even noticed Mav, sitting at the bar. He'd came.

"There's the birthday girl!" Paybacks voice pulled me back to everyone in front of me, his arms pulled me into a big hug. Fanboy soon followed, coyote too. Bob stumbled over with a cup of nuts he'd bought for me.

"If you don't like nuts I c-" he started to ramble as he did when he got nervous.

"Thank you Bob, seriously, I really appreciate it" a genuine smile graced my lips and his. I really always had appreciated him, he was such a light for us.