sighing, eddie stood up and walked over to the boat. tillie watched as he unloaded everything inside and grabbed an old blanket, laying it on the bottom.

"what are you doing?" she questioned, watching him struggled.

he walked over to her and offered her his hand, helping her get up. "come on, princess. time to get your beauty sleep."

"we're sleeping in the boat?" she asked, as he began to take off his jacket.

"yeah, i contemplated doing it last night, but after, you know, i couldn't sleep," he replied. "take off your hoodie."

"technically, it's your hoodie," she corrected him. "why do you want me to take it off?"

"i mean, i don't you look adorable in it. it's just, it's cold," he shrugged. "and we don't have any blankets. didn't you once say body contact is a great way to keep warm. does natural heat source ring a bell?"

"oh, don't remind me of that day," tillie told him, taking off her hoodie. "it wasn't very fun."

"i know," eddie smiled in amusement as he remembered the day. "hey, um, you know what would help with the body contact?"

tillie raised a brow. "what?"

"seeing as we're both in jeans and shirts, there's kind of like a barrier, right? so, i mean, i could take off my shirt," he responded. "only if you're comfortable with it though."

"oh, um, sure," tillie stuttered, averting her gaze awkwardly as he took off his shirt as well. she cleared her throat, "so, how are you planning on doing this?"

"well," eddie started, stepping in the boat with his and tillie's jackets in his hand. he sat down, before allowing the blonde to take his hand and get in, gesturing for her to sit down like he was.

"what are you trying to do, eddie?" tillie laughed. "this is not working in such a small boat."

"shh," he whispered. he shuffled and maneuvered his way until he was laid flat at the bottom of the boat, taking up around eighty five percent. he gestured towards his bare chest, whilst tillie kneeled in confusion.

"i'm sorry, what do you want me to do?" she asked.

"lay on me, you idiot," he told her with a smile. "i'll be your mattress."

her eyes widened. eddie wanted her to lay on his naked chest? "are you serious?"

"yep," eddie answered. "unless you want to switch positions and i'll be on top, but i doubt that'll be very comfortable for you, considering  you're like five foot tall."

"i'm five four," she told him, slowly laying on top of him. "thank you very much."

she was thankful for the darkness, as it prevented eddie from seeing how red her face was at this given moment.

"potato, potato," he said, wrapping his arm around her waist. grabbing their jackets, he laid them over their legs and midsection, their bodies providing the warmth for their torsos and above. "are you comfortable?" he whispered.

tillie readjusted herself, turning onto her side ever so slightly, and rested her head just below his neck. "yeah, this isn't actually so bad, you know. you're a decent mattress," she teased.