Chapter 10

The first problem with being mated to a Lycan?

Time becomes impossible to grasp, it slips right through your fingers.

At some point our mating fever-like-dream in hell was over. At that point, I frankly passed out. I don't know how much time had or has passed, but I'm pretty sure I've only had a small nap, since I get woken up, and I immediately feel intense exhaustion. I wake up abruptly on cold tiles, a tight collar around my neck.

I feel a jerking sensation and my head floats up off the ground, well, it's pulled up with my neck. I now lean into Lyrian's leg, peering through foggy eyes.

I can see an assembly of Lycans. I'm naked aside from the collar and chain which Lyrian holds. He is sitting on his throne, while Orphis sits on the other, with Rose kneeling at his leg, also adorned in a collar and chain.

As I realise this audience is watching me intensely for how naked and on display I am, I shuffle closer to my demon, I hold onto Lyrian's leg to steady myself as I wake up like this. It was slightly shocking to the system, to say the least.

I don't know how I got here, but there was no chance for a reprieve or a discussion about my first time with Lyrian? Damn.

I feel embarrassed and hurt that I had to wake up like this, in an exposed and humiliated position. When I look up at Lyrian, he is snarling, listening to the Lycans addressing him.

"We need more released," they snarl, "We are running low on food and a variety of breeders."

"You complain every day about this," Orphis snaps, "Plenty awaken pure, they are all essentially the same," Orphis advises them.

"Not anymore," one steps forward, toward Lyrian, "Your last release, your new whore, infected the purity of the sleeping ones. They are all being corrupted from within."

"Impossible. Eleyrion is coded against this," Lyrian answers straight away, "There can be no outbreak. Their purity remains intact. I have the reports with me every day. There has been no change in activity."

"Not the kind you're looking for, I bring my accusation toward your Favoured One. Orphis, your Rose is the culprit. She was caught programming a virus for Eleyrion... to cause more sight... more questions... it's harder to keep the souls in line when they are able to feel more emotions."

"I don't even know how to use a computer, you dog," Rose yells out, in defence of herself.

"Rose knows her place –" Orphis snarls.

"We have proof it was her," the Lycan accusing the Queen, starts to smile, "We caught her. Let us show you. Orphis. Your Queen is rebelling. When the Queens fail to be obedient, they all will struggle against the laws of our kind."

"We don't need your fucking proof, Lukcas," Lyrian sticks up for Rose and Orphis, "Eleyrion is a filtration system. You have the tools to punish your favoured ones even if they're no longer as pure as you would like. If you want easy meat, you're becoming ungrateful. I can end the program and wake up every human. I can fill this place with mortals to hunt and fuck and whether they fight or question is not a problem. You are Lycan. Act like it, you fool."

"You only come here bitching about my Queen, that is your time well spent in Llyrian?" Orphis asks, sarcastic as he stands, handing Rose's chain to Lyrian.

Rose crawls to Lyrian's throne, on his other side.

We meet eyes briefly, but she is more focused on Orphis protecting her.

"We come to restore order," the challenging Lycan confronts Orphis, despite being smaller, "Your job is to keep our doom total. Not to let it slip."