Chapter 7

Lyrian takes me back to the highest level of the Krypt, after I am left speechless.

...you will fall to the dark... we will not fuck until you're fucking ready for it...

His words haunt me, sticking to my soul. He was working me out, just as I was working him out. We were both confused by each other, both determined to break each other open.

So now I am left standing outside Rose and Orphis' den, while Lyrian talks to her.

I hear some growling and some sighing and eventually Lyrian steps out into me, as I stand there just shaking and waiting.

Lyrian slowly steps around me, baring all his fangs, which is every tooth – I watch the saliva drip down, as he stalks away. At the end of the hall his giant demon form suddenly side steps into the main den, where I saw the other girls performing together... sexually, ages ago, and they weren't done, they were still in there.

I look a little too hard at that open door, wide eyed – not sure what these sharp feelings were stabbing through me.

"Hey, come in here," Rose calls to me and I spin back to her, leaning on the door frame, she doesn't stare at me being naked, which I appreciate. She just looks me in the eye sympathetically, "Come on, you won't be so dazed forever, I'll help you with that."

I follow her into her room, worried Orphis might be there.

Luckily, he's not.

I'm surprised by what I see.

The room is clean, full of candles, a made bed with black silk sheets, and a web net that hangs over the bed, draping across the four posts. Rose has a place to read, a place to do her make up, and nothing is broken or a mess. It looks rather normal... human... and intact.

I notice one display in the corner, of a familiar lace dress and crown and jewellery. It's the same that was in the maze, with a different colour set. The jewellery is gold, the dress is black.

Rose sits on a stool by her dresser and uses her hand to suggest I sit on the edge of the bed.

I walk over and sit.

Rose asks me, "What do you think of my room, Helena?"

"Very normal. Nice."

"Look above you," Rose points up.

When I look up my eyes widen. In the ceiling are shackles, chains, leather contraptions, rope, sex toys.

"Only Orphis can reach them, too," Rose smirks a little, "Lyrian tells me you need time."

"I think so," I nod, "He thinks I'm pathetic, I guess."

"That means he thinks he, himself, is pathetic, for not ripping you in half already," Rose murmurs, trying to 'reassure' me.

I try not to look all freaked out, but I'm pretty sure that makes me look even more freaked out.

"I – I don't know what to say to that," I whisper.

"You can't be that quiet and have him interested in you, where's your tongue? He likes strength. I'm here to coach you. On letting go."

"I really don't want to go insane," I tell her.

"You already are, you're not screaming, you're not trying to run, you look at him the way we all look at them, we're sluts for them," Rose reaches behind her and pulls out some lip gloss, painting her lips while waiting for me to talk more. I guess to introduce myself.

"Well I'm from Eleyrion, as I assume, you all are," I start, and Rose nods, "How did you adapt?"

"You need to stop thinking and trust your gut," Rose begins, "Seriously. Cut out that trying to be reasonable crap."