s e v e n t e e n

It was now the morning and we were all sitting around the table after demolishing breakfast. It's nice that dad is here because it fills the empty hole.
Rosie seems most excited that dad is back. She had appeared in the room with her suitcase infront of her. We all turned to look at her.

'Going somewhere, sweetheart?' Dad asked.

'Well, we all are. Back to LA, of course.' Rosie raised her voice. 'That's why you came here, right? To take us all home. Back to the mall, back to friends, back to everything we find normal—.' Dad placed toast in her mouth to shut her up.

'If we were going home wouldn't we just go home. We got here by ourselves going back to LA would be by ourselves. So, that clearly isn't the reason he is here.' I told her. Mom wacked me round the back of the head with her head and gave me a stern look.

'Breakfast now, home talk later, okay? I just got here.' Dad said. 'And Aubrey's and Zoe's big show is today.'

'Um... I might not be doing the show.' Zoe said.

'Oh. Sweetie, what's wrong?' Dad asked.

'This is about Raven, isn't it?' Mom suggested.

'I can't do it without him.' Zoe said.

'Then you need to let Sam know. You owe her that much.' Mom said.

'What about you, Aubrey?' Dad asked.

'I kinda have to do the show. Zoe was a fill in if anyone couldn't perform. I.... I am on the team. If I don't do it we would be disqualified.'
________________
We got to the stables as Zoe had to speak to Sam whilst Rosie went to look at the outfits with me.
'Oh my gosh. Why does this actually look good?' She gasped. She picked up two. I'm guessing one for me and one for Zoe. She then ran to Zoe guiding me by my wrist.

'This show jumping outfit is so cute.' Rosie told Zoe.
'You might actually look good today. Come here.' She let go of my wrist and grabbed Zoe's. Marcus was standing there a bit confused.

'Bye.' I exclaimed before rushing after them.
____________________
Zoe walked over to the small mirror to look at the jacket against her.

'You could probably make these jodhpurs work in LA.' Rosie lifted a leg of the jodhpurs. I picked up the other jacket and walked over to the mirror as Zoe turned and took a step away.

'Rosie.... when we get back home, it might not be the same as before. You know that, right?' Zoe asked, taking a seat.

'Yeah. I know.' Rosie sat down, copying Zoe. 'You two are clearly gonna join some lame horse-riding club and bring all of that nonsense back with you.'

Zoe sighed with a slight smile to Rosie's comment.
'I mean with Mom and Dad.'

'Dad came, Zoe. They're talking.' Rosie said. 'It's gonna be okay.'

'Whatever happens... we'll have each other.' I said.

'Sisters forever.' Rosie smiled, looking at both of us.

'Sisters forever.' Me and Zoe repeated.
________________

I was going to be riding a horse called Casper for the competition. Pin told me that he would get Casper ready and load him up for me. I thanked him before getting changed. Me and Zoe walked out to everyone with Rosie when finished. They all turned and kept their gaze on us for a long period of time.

'What? What are you guys staring at?' I snapped at them. Zoe looked down at the uniform and started wiping it. She walked over to Jade whilst Pin walked over to me, a smile spread across his face.