f o u r t e e n

I sat on the fence holding Raven's lead rope not in a very happy mood.
'Okay, that's not the face of someone who's about to ride their favourite horse.' I turned and saw Sam leaning on the fence.

I laughed. 'I upset Jade and Becky. Mmm... Pin hates me. Marcus is being odd with me. Probably about Zoe. And Bob ate Zoe's prom dress. Also, I can't find matching shoes to my prom dress.'

'I thought my life was complicated.' She chuckled.
'Look, Aubrey, it's not the mistakes that matter. It's what you do about them that counts.' Huh. Words of wisdom.
'What don't you two show me what you can do?'

'Okay.' I mumbled, hopping off the fence. We sailed over the first 2 jumps with ease but then came the water jump.

'Come on. Just give it a go.' Sam shouted.

'We got this.' I muttered. I clicked my tongue and aimed for the jump but Raven pulled off at the last seconds.

'Still not a fan of the water jump, then?' Sam asked.

'I wanted you to see how good we are.' I told her.

'Are you serious? Water jump or no water jump, Raven is a different horse, and that's all because of you. The same as Zoe and Luna. I am so proud of you, Aubrey.' Sam smiled.
'However, you're not getting off that easily. Go round. Try again.'

I failed to go over the water jump again so Sam finished our session and I walked Raven back to his stables. I took off all his tack and then brushed his mane.

'Uh, Aubrey!' A voice called. I turned and Ben was standing leaning on the door.

'Hey Ben! Wassup?' I asked.

'Rosie wants to see you.' He informed me.

'Be right there.' I put the brush down and unlocked the stable door, locking it again behind me. I walked to wear Ben pointed at the area Rosie was. I walked in and saw Ted and Rosie aswell as a few banner looking things tied to the posts.

'These decorations are really sad.' I said, looking around.
'I mean we need the Pony Prom to be extravagant. I'm thinking lanterns and drapey things, oh and lights.' I pulled out my phone.

'Lot's of lights.' Rosie added.

'Look, girls, I've finished.' Ted sighed.
'This is all we've got.'

'Ted, Ted, Ted. There's something you should know about us.' Rosie started.

'What's that?'

'Party planning is our super power.' I finished and looked back at the white van.

'Delivery for Miss Aubrey Phillips.' Ben shouted.

'Bring 'em in.' I called back.
'I ordered a few more decorations. I hope you don't mind.'

'You know who else used to boss me around like this? Your mum.' He told us.

________________

We managed to bring all the decorations in and had put up a majority of them.

'Oh, Ted, you need to fix this. We don't want droopy lighting.' Rosie said writing it down on her clipboard.

Ted sighed.' Rosie, Aubrey. I told your mum I'd help her fix some stuff.'

'Oh, she's probably forgotten all about you. She's really scatter-brained these days.' Rosie walked over.

'No offense to mom but I agree with that.' I perked up.

'I should let her know I'll be late.' Ted told us.

'No!' Rosie outbursted.
'Um, I mean there's still so much to do.'