xii

It's been a couple of days since Cris Lenin took Tiana out to Club Cumulus, she's a little surprised that Vera hasn't already set up another date but Tiana wouldn't have been able to go on them anyway, she's been swamped with work

It's been a couple of days since Cris Lenin took Tiana out to Club Cumulus, she's a little surprised that Vera hasn't already set up another date but Tiana wouldn't have been able to go on them anyway, she's been swamped with work. Staying overnights in the office trying to finish the paperwork before her uncle can make an excuse that she isn't working enough. And to top it all off, Betty is missing; she has been for the last two days. Tiana assumes that maybe Betty got another job but wishes that Betty had talked to her because she would've tried to move things around to make it work because truthfully, Tiana has become fond of the girl.

Tiana lets out a sigh and rubs her eyes as she can feel them start to strain from looking at the manifesto of their latest shipment for so long, she scoots back her chair and walks towards the door. She opens it and starts walking towards the kitchen to get someone to make her some tea when she accidentally collides with someone. "Watch where you're go- Betty?" Tiana looks at the girl she ran into with shock in her eyes, Betty half smiles at Tiana before pushing her hair behind her ear. "Ma'am." Betty takes the edges of her skirt and curtsy to Tiana before she lets it drop by her side. "I've been looking for you for days, where were you?" Tiana looks at Betty with a raised eyebrow before she crosses her arm.

Betty lets out a sigh before she starts to twiddle her fingers slightly. "I was busy, I'm sorry Miss. It won't happen again." Tiana opened her mouth to question Betty more about it but closes her mouth, it's not worth it. "Alright, as long as it doesn't happen again. Come along." Tiana instructs as she leads Betty down towards her office. "Would you like a drink Miss Malinowski?" Betty questions as soon as they walk through the door.

Tiana wordlessly responds by nodding her head yes, she huffs as she sits down at her desk the want of tea forgotten. "Here you are." Betty places the glass down in reach of Tiana, she takes a sip as she looks over the financials for what seems like the hundredth time. "If I may, do you think I could try to help?" Betty asked carefully from where she was standing next to Tiana. "God yes please, all the numbers are seeming to run together to me." Tiana let out a sigh as she leaned against the back of her chair.

Betty out a quiet chuckle as she leaned over Tiana to look at the paper on her desk, Tiana's finger accidentally touched Betty's chest. Tiana's breath skipped slightly as she quickly placed her hands in her lap, she licked her lips as she scooted the chair back and stood up quickly, she brought her glass and she sat on the couch that was in the room. "You can sit in the chair you know, it's fine." Tiana gently said to Betty who was still standing up.

She smiled gratefully at Tiana before she scooted the chair up and sat down, Tiana let out a sigh as she kicked her heels off and moved her legs so they were on the couch instead of dangling off the edge. She leaned her head back as she took a sip of her drink awhing when she felt the burning of the whiskey in the back of her throat. Tiana held the glass by the rim as she placed her arm over the armrest of the couch. Tiana was brought to the real world by Betty coughing slightly to get Tiana's attention. "I finished." Betty looked at Tiana sheepishly.

Tiana raised her head and looked at Betty in shock. "Really?" Tiana couldn't keep the surprise out of her voice, Betty rolled her eyes lightly as she started to walk over to Tiana and handed her the paper. "Don't sound so surprised." Betty joked as she carefully moved Tiana's legs and placed them on her lap as she sat down towards the end of the couch. Tiana's breath caught as Betty started to rub her shin, Betty froze for a second before she looked at Tiana like she did something wrong. "Is that alright?"

The two of them knew Betty wasn't talking about the financials, Tiana's mouth felt like it was filled with cotton so instead of trying to speak she nodded her head and drank the last little bit of whiskey that was in the glass before she let the glass drop to the carpeted floor. She quickly looked over the paper that Betty gave her, it looked fine to Tiana so she gently placed it on the floor next to her glass. "Are you alright?" Betty gently asked carefully. "I am, thank you for asking though."

Tiana looked at Betty for a moment, her eyes drifting towards her lips before thinking how about how they would feel against Tiana's, how they would feel against Tiana's body. She closed her eyes quickly and tried to push those thoughts away, she can't think like that anymore. She has to produce an heir, she can't waste her time thinking about a girl like that, she doesn't even like them like that. She shivered as she yanked her legs out of Betty's lap, out of the corner of her eyes she saw Betty's frown but Tiana ignored it in favor of grabbing the empty glass and paper.

"Get me a cup of tea." Tiana harshly ordered Betty as she sat down at her desk, Betty looked taken back at the harshness of Tiana's words before she gave Tiana a small nod and dropped her head, Tiana ignored the pang in her heart when she heard the door gently close leaving Tiana alone, with the ghost of her father watching her every move.

" Tiana harshly ordered Betty as she sat down at her desk, Betty looked taken back at the harshness of Tiana's words before she gave Tiana a small nod and dropped her head, Tiana ignored the pang in her heart when she heard the door gently close l...