ii

Tiana lifted her hand to look at her finely manicured nails before putting her hands down to clutch her purse tightly that was in her hands

Tiana lifted her hand to look at her finely manicured nails before putting her hands down to clutch her purse tightly that was in her hands. Today was Wednesday which means she got to sit on a meeting that her father had with one of his associates but now that the meeting that was scheduled was over for today Anton has ordered his daughter to walk the town despite Tiana's protest. She only left when she made him promise that he wouldn't fill out any paperwork without her being in the room so she doesn't miss anything.

She was starting to regret leaving though, her nice heels were getting covered in mud that wasn't her problem to clean but it was still a hassle especially when her heels sunk in the mud. Tiana glanced at the diamond watch that was on her wrist and was delighted to see that she didn't have that much more time to spend out before she was due back to learn some more about the business.

Tiana was excited for her time to come to take over the business but she knew it was going to be a long time before that would happen and she was grateful for that. She wasn't ready, she still had a lot to learn and she still had to produce an heir which would be a long time from now. She checked her wristwatch once more before letting out a sigh, it felt like time was going by super slowly. "Hello Miss, would you like some bread?" Someone asked her as she walked by their stall. Tiana quickly nodded, she almost turned up her face in disgust when she remembered her manners. "No thank you," Tiana said in faux politeness, the old woman smiled before looking behind Tiana to try to get the person behind her to try the bread. She was glad that the woman took no for an answer because sometimes people in Ketterdam like to ignore that fact.

She was successfully ignored by all the other patrons and the next time she glanced at her watch she saw it was time to do it, thankfully. She tightened the hold she had on her purse as she made her way home, she never ventured far from her house so it didn't take her long for her to make it back. She saw one of the maids waiting outside for her, as soon as Tiana was close enough she held her hands out for Tiana to hand her, her handbag and shawl the was around her shoulders. Tiana gave her a look as she handed over her purse which the maid gave a short nod before gesturing for Tiana to go inside.

Tiana huffed before she made her way inside, as soon as she walked through the door she smelled fresh cookies. Her heels clicked as she sped and walked towards the kitchen to grab one before making her way towards Anton's office. When she grabbed two cookies the chef that has been employed by her parents since she was a little girl gave her a slight smile before going back to stirring the soup that was on the stove in front of him.

She stuffed one of the cookies into her mouth as she walked toward Anton's office, her heels were clicking against the hardwood floor. When Tiana reached the door she knocked on it before swinging it open to reveal Anton behind his desk and Vera sitting on his lap, they were laughing. "Ew, child present." Tiana scrunched her nose up in disgust making both her parents chuckle, but Vera adjusted so she was sitting up on Anton's lap instead of laying on his shoulder. "Sorry honey, are you alright?" Vera asks grabbing onto Anton's hand and twiddling with the wedding ring that was on his finger.

"Yea, I returned from taking my break that you make me take." Tiana sighs as she pulls out the chair that was in front of the desk. "But I'm back and ready to learn." Anton chuckles but nods and Vera takes this as her queue to stand up, she kisses Anton on the cheek before doing the same to Tiana who kisses Vera back on the cheek but then turns her attention towards Anton. "Do you want this cookie?" Tiana asks holding up the uneaten cookie that she had placed on the table. Anton nods and picks it up before taking a bite. "So as promised I do anything, that means we're gonna go look over this paperwork for someone and make sure everything is by the book, at least on paper." Anton winks at Tiana before he slides over the piece of paper that Tiana is supposed to look through.

Tiana dusted off her hands before gently taking the paper, she presses her lips together trying to see if anything was wrong with it. She's done this a bunch of times but she knows that she needs to do this over and over so she would know how to do this in her sleep when the time comes. "I think everything is correct." Tiana bites her lip as she slides the paper back towards Anton but he presses his hand on it to prevent Tiana from being able to slide it closer to him. "Do you think or do you know? In our business, you have to know or mistakes will be made." Tiana winced before she sat straighter in her seat and nodded at Anton quickly. "I do know, I looked at it three times before giving it back. It's all clear Dad, I promise."

Anton slowly smiled before he lifted his hand from the paper and grabbed it before placing it in the middle drawer of his desk, Anton told her that he doesn't double-check the paper that she okays but Tiana isn't sure that is correct. She knows that if she misses something it isn't just her ass on the line, it's the whole Malinowski family business.