xi

Tiana's heels clicked against the walkway as she walked towards Club Cumulus, Betty was behind her on her right earshot just in case Tiana needed her for something

Tiana's heels clicked against the walkway as she walked towards Club Cumulus, Betty was behind her on her right earshot just in case Tiana needed her for something. When Tiana stopped in front of the door Betty moved forward to get it but someone stopped them. "I got this ladies, thank you for coming Tiana." Cris Lenin said opening the door and gesturing for Betty and Tiana to walk through it.

She resisted the urge to roll her eyes as she walked into the gambling den, if her father saw her now Tiana thinks to herself. She never imagined that one day she would step foot into one but she needed to do this, she needed an heir. "Thank you for inviting me, I have to be honest I didn't expect to be taken to a gambling den for a date," Tiana says as he led them to a table that he reserved for them, Tiana noticed that a part of the restaurant was cornered off so guests can eat. "As soon as your mother set this up I knew I had to take you here. I know it's not common but the buttered prawns here are amazing. Here, sit." Cris pulled out the chair, Tiana was helped by Betty with her coat and Tiana took a seat.

Tiana sent an apologetic look to Betty who shrugged and sat at the table behind them letting Tiana's jacket rest on the chair opposite of her. "Apologies to your lady friend, I wasn't expecting you to bring anyone else." Cris opened the menu in front of them as he stared at Betty behind him. "She's fine, I couldn't come by myself now could I," Tiana smirked as her reply made him go silent, she watched as he gulped before he flagged down a waitress who was walking around asking if anyone needed anything.

"I'll have buttered prawns and so will she, also can we get some champagne for the table," Cris ordered for the both of them making Tiana screw her nose up in discomfort. "Actually-" Tiana began as she folded the menu for the waitress to take back with them. "I would the oysters and some whiskey please," Tiana tells her as she crosses her legs and leans back in her chair looking at Cris with a slight smirk on her face. "Yes of course Mrs. Malinowski, that will be out to you two right away." The waitress left in a hurry towards the second floor. She watched as Cris opened his mouth and closed it before he sucked his teeth and sat up in his chair.

"I didn't realize how influential you were Mrs. Malinowski," Cris says as he spits out her last name like venom, Tiana hid a smirk as she scooted to the edge of her seat. "I am, I do own the Malinowski Business after all. And you don't have to call me Mrs. Malinowski, you can call me Tiana." Tiana couldn't put her finger on why but she didn't like Cris the first time she saw him and now talking to him she notices that he's been nothing but a condescending ass to her but that doesn't mean she couldn't get some great food out of this.

Before Cris could form a reply the waitress came back with their food, at least Tiana's food arrived. "Here we are miss, sir your food will be right out." Tiana grabbed her whiskey after the waiter placed it down and began to take a sip, she closed her eyes as she felt the burn. "If Tiana doesn't mind could I get it at the table, I want to do a little gambling." Cris looked at Tiana with a raised eyebrow silently asking if she minded. "I don't mind, have fun." Tiana smiled as she watched Cris look at her with wide eyes before standing up and quickly walking towards the gambling tables just in time for a new round, if Tiana squinted enough she could almost see a flame coming out of Cris'es ears.

"Now why did you do that?" Betty asks amused as she takes a seat in the chair that Cris vacated just a short time earlier. "I didn't like him, but the least I can do is get some good food out of it. What did you get?" Tiana raised an eyebrow as she scooped an oyster of its shell and into her mouth. "I got the pea soup, just something simple. Are we going to dine and ditch?" Betty raised an eyebrow at Tiana playfully making her chuckle. "Of course." Tiana chuckles as she looks over at Cris who is currently cursing at the dealer because he lost the round but he isn't wise because he buys in for another round. "Well, then I guess we should make the most of this date," Betty says smugly as she brings a spoonful of soup to her mouth.

Tiana was sipping whiskey when Betty made her comment so she had to place a hand over her mouth to prevent spitting whiskey all over Betty, she gulped the whiskey down and filled her mouth with oysters to prevent Betty from asking any questions, it worked because Betty just sent her a raised eyebrow but Tiana ignored it.

Cris Lenin may not have worked out the way that Vera wanted it to work for Tiana but Tiana is going to keep going on these dates that Vera sets up for her, because if they don't work out at least Tiana and Betty can get a nice meal out of it and Tiana gets a break from work.