i

Tiana Malinowski was used to nice things, she was used to being woken up by one of the many maids in the house bringing her coffee to drink while she gets dressed

Tiana Malinowski was used to nice things, she was used to being woken up by one of the many maids in the house bringing her coffee to drink while she gets dressed. So considering she woke up to her curtains still closed and no coffee on her bedside table, the fact that she was mad was an understatement. She huffed as she threw her blankets aside, and stood up from her bed. She grabbed her housecoat that was still hanging on the chair where she placed it the night before and wrapped it around her before she walked towards the door and opened it a crack.

Tiana waited and listened trying to see if she could hear anything, but she couldn't. The Malinowski house was as quiet as a mouse which concerned Tiana, she opened the door wider and started to walk the wood creaking under her footsteps. She walked towards the kitchen first but she found it empty, her brows furrowed as she picked up the cabbage rolls that were on the counter and took a tentative bite, smiling when she tasted the spices that were on the tip of her tongue.

She walked out of the kitchen and began to walk the too long hallway, by the time she got to her Dad's office she had finished the cabbage roll so she wiped the crumbs on her housecoat before raising her fist to knock on the closed door. Since she was old enough to talk she was taught to always knock on the doors if they were closed, especially Anton Malinowski's office. It was rare that he was doing something that he didn't want Tiana to see because she was going to take over the business so she had to learn. "Come in." Tiana heard her Dad's voice call back, she smiled as she twisted the knob. Tiana opened the door slowly until she could see her Dad behind his big desk that was in the middle of the wall, she walked over to him not noticing that they had company. "Hi Dad, do you know where all the staff went?" Tiana asked him leaning against his desk facing him, Anton smiled and took one of her carefully manicured hands but before he could respond someone else did. "Your Mother took one of them shopping with her and I sent the others home. Anton and I are talking finances." Leif, Tiana's uncle and Anton's brother and financial advisor said with a smug look on his face.

Tiana turned towards Anton with a confused and slightly hurt look on her face. "What? It's Monday is it not? I thought I was supposed to learn as much as I could." Anton looked at Leif harshly before brushing some of Tiana's hair away from her face. "I know, I was going to tell you later anyway. You were sleeping and also we're talking some about your 17th birthday party. It's coming up next month and I want it to be perfect for my little girl." Anton smiled booping her nose before he turned the chair to face Leif. "Well, when are the staff coming back? You know I had to get my own food this morning." Tiana put her hands on her hips. "They're gonna come back soon, they told me to tell you that all of the cabbage rolls are for you and no one else so you think those can you hold over until they come back?" Tiana presses her lips together looking annoyed but she nods, she kisses Anton on the cheek before walking out of his office. She didn't look back to say goodbye to Leif, and she didn't care.

Walking back towards the kitchen her thoughts drift towards what her Dad might have planned for her 17th birthday. Like always she's expecting glitter and diamonds, necklaces that are so big they can reflect the moonlight at night. She has plenty of them in her closet but she can never have enough. Her thoughts are interrupted by her reaching the kitchen, as Tiana is picking up the plate of cabbage rolls she hears the crack of the door opening. She gently places the plate down on the counter before she takes a peek around the kitchen doorway to see who it was.

She makes it just in time to watch Anton walk out of his office with a huff before rubbing his face. Tiana watches as he turns around and starts to walk towards the kitchen so she turns around and quickly walks over to the counter so Anton wouldn't catch her spying. "You were spying again weren't you?" Anton asks voice full of humor, Tiana didn't answer instead she picked up a cabbage roll and started eating it to prevent herself from talking. "Once again your Uncle Leif is mad that I chose you to take over the empire when I pass. He is gonna take care of the financials, no matter how much you don't like him" When Tiana opened her mouth to lie that she does like him Anton fixed her with a look. "Even though you say you like him, I know you don't. But you're gonna deal with that because he's the best there is." Tiana wiped the crumbs from her mouth as she nodded. Anton opened his arms and gestured for Tiana to hug him which she did, she wrapped her arms around his waist and squeezed tightly.

She moved her face so her ear was over his heart. "What are you getting me for my birthday?" Tiana asks cheekily looking up at Anton who shakes his head as he laughed. "I'm not telling you, but your Mom and I picked you out something amazing that we know you'll love." Tiana frowned but nodded before stepping away from the hug. "I hope it's sparkly," Tiana says wistfully watching as Anton shakes his head fondly.