There was a silent agreement among everyone. Hanako gulped, it wasn't looking good. Inabi grinned again and looked at her. Silently, she muttered. "You know nothing, Inabi."

Kagen turned to her. "Don't respond."

Hanako wanted to. She wanted to stand up there and claim they didn't know anything about the Uchiha or the Senju of that time. They didn't know anything about Madara, or his brother, or any of them. She wanted to destroy his argument, call him a liar, a senseless instigator... but she remained silent. Her eyes had become teary. Everyone looked at her in disgust. She could hear them mutter about her blood being tainted.

I think you can be a bridge to join both clans.

You're the one who made me have hope in the Uchiha Clan, remember that.

Pain pierced her temple and she gasped silently. She couldn't recognize the male voice that spoke in her head. Was it a memory, was she recalling something?

Izumi placed a hand on her shoulder. The pain had receded, but she was confused. "Did you remember something?" Izumi asked.

Hanako glared at the floor. "I want to go. My head hurts."

Izumi nodded. She looked at Hikari and noticed how awful she looked. She groaned. "You two are definitely sisters. Let's go, I'm taking you both to the hospital."

Itachi and Shisui observed silently the girls leaving. Even though their faces didn't show it, they were furious. Furious at the images Yashiro showed, furious at the words Inabi spoke.

"Itachi." Fugaku's words brought silence once again. "I'd like you to report what you have found out in the Anbu."

Itachi stared at his father. "There's nothing to report. I've been attending regular missions. That's it."

"That's it?!" Yashiro almost growled. "Hey, Itachi, I thought you being in Anbu meant we could directly investigate the village, but you haven't been exactly useful for us..."

"You've been playing around!"

"Not sure if you're aware, but we've been absent for two weeks. We haven't been in contact with anyone from the village." Shisui defended Itachi.

Inabi and Yashiro looked at each other before glaring back a the duo. "We expect better news in the next meeting."

* * *

"Hikari-san was really in a bad state. She fell asleep as soon as the doctor gave her some meds." Izumi commented with worry. They were checked into a room with two beds. Hikari lied in one bed, completely unconscious. Hanako was lying in the bed next to hers. Izumi had taken a chair next to Hanako's bed.

"Izumi, what do you think about Inabi's words?" Hanako narrowed her eyes.

"They were... hurtful." There was a croak in her voice. "I felt... out of place. To be honest, I used you as an excuse to get out of there as well... sorry..."

"No, Hikari was not going to leave. If it weren't for you, maybe she would have passed out. Thank you." Hanako smiled. Izumi looked at the sleeping girl.

"Will she be okay?"

"Yeah, she's always been stubborn. Bet she's been feeling sick for a while, and just waited for the symptoms to fade before saying anything and worrying everyone."

"What about your headache?"

There was silence, but Hanako sighed. "I heard a man talking to me. He said I was the reason he believed in the Uchiha Clan."