xx. CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

~*~
Episode Eight: Papa

     "All done. Not so bad, was it?" Brenner asked, Mary breathing heavily as she watched him set down the pen. "See? There's nothing to be afraid of. Is there, Mary?" She gasped, stepping back as he looked at her with completely white eyes. "Why don't you take a seat?" She turned and ran out of the room, turning down the hall to see all the dead bodies. She could hear the children screaming, and she turned and ran down the hall. 

     "Mary, just stay with me!" Steve said, grabbing her face. "Stay with me, okay? Whatever you guys are doing, hurry up!" Erica turned and ran to Eddie's room where everyone else was.

     "Steve says you need to hurry!" she told them. 

     "Yeah? No shit!" Dustin screamed at her. 

     "We're trying. We can't find anything," Max snapped.

     "Seriously! What is all this shit?" Robin asked, looking at Eddie. 

     "What are you even looking for?" Eddie asked with wide eyes. 

     "Elvis, Queen, Bowie, Beatles? Music! We need music!" Billy yelled at Eddie. 

     "This is music!" Eddie screamed back at him while holding a tape. 

     Mary continued running, approaching a boarded up door while the alarms were blaring. She immediately starting pulling at the boards, cursing as she was struggling. The first one fell, and she immediately started working on the next one. 

     "Mary..." Vecna growled. Her eyes widened, and she slowly turned to see him standing at the end of the hall. "What are you doing? It's not time for you to leave." She turned and pulled at the boards again, eyes watering a she was doing her best. "Now that you've seen where I've been... 

     "Oh, god!" Mary exclaimed, pulling at the bottom board now. 

     "I would like very much to show you where I am going," Vecna continued. She got it off, shoving through the door. She was back in the small room, turning to see Brenner was there again. 

     "Take a seat, Mary," he said. She gasped, the lights going out around her. She breathed heavily and looked around in fear. The lights came back on, and she was now sitting with the wet tendrils holding her down. She gasped, squirming as she was trying to get out. She saw Vecna in front of her, and she figured this was going to be it.

     "P-Please," she said. "Please." He leaned over her, Mary trying to breathe steadily. 

     "I... want you to tell Eleven," he said, Mary shaking her head. "I want you to tell her everything you see." He put his hand over his face, Mary whimpering as she was shaking her head. She saw the first vision, heart thudding wildly. 

     "No!" she screamed. 

     "Tell her..." 

     "No!" She saw it all. The destruction, Hawkins falling apart, her family and friends all dying. She saw them lose. 

     "Everything."

     "NO!" Mary screamed. 

     Mary gasped, eyes opening as she suddenly fell to the ground in Eddie's trailer. She was panting, and Billy had caught her from falling while Steve was on her other side. 

     "It's okay. It's okay," Billy said, holding her face as she was breathing in and out fast. "It's okay. It's okay. I'm here." Mary gasped again, her chest shuddering as she looked up at him. "I'm right here."