xvi. CHAPTER THIRTEEN

~*~

     Max had gathered everyone back downstairs as she and Lucas noticed that the lights were flickering in several different areas of the house. They were all stood in the foyer again, looking at the ceiling light flickering on and off. 

     "It's like the Christmas lights," Nancy stated. 

     "The Christmas lights?" Robina sked, looking confused. 

     "Yeah, when Will was in the Upside Down, the lights... came to life," Nancy said, watching it flicker on again. 

     "Vecna's here. In this house," Lucas said. "Just on the other side." The lights turned off completely, everyone breathing out. 

     "I think he just left the room," Robin said. 

     "Did he hear us?" Max asked, looking around. 

     "Can he see us?" Steve asked. 

     "Headphones," Lucas stated. Max quickly put them back on, Nancy stepping forward. 

     "Wait, wait. Everyone, turn off your flashlights and spread out," Nancy said. Everyone did as such, except Steve. 

     "We're not gonna be able to see if we turn off our flash... lights," he said, sighing and turning his off while walking away. They all began to walk around the house, trying to see if their flashlights would turn on if he was there. 

     "I got him!" Robin yelled. "I got him!" They all ran in, Robin's flashlight flickering. "Got him." It turned off and she frowned. "I had him." Steve's flickered on, and he held it up. 

     "Oh, whoa. I think he's moving," he said, beginning to walk. "He's moving. He's moving." They all followed Steve up the stairs as the flashlight was still flickering on. It stopped just at the top, and he sighed. "I lost him." 

     "No, you didn't," Max said. She opened the attic down, and they all saw a glowing yellow light in there. Max went in first, all of them following close behind. 

     "It's an attic. Of course it's an attic," Robin said, walking up next to Steve. 

     "Hold up, guys. What if he's leading us into a trap?" Dustin asked, being the last one in the attic. "Guys, guys." They walked all the way in, spreading out as they saw the singular light glowing in the middle of the room. Dustin saw his light as glowing, and he looked up. "Flashlights." They all saw their flashlights were glowing, pulling them out. They stood in a circle with their flashlights glowing much brighter than before.  

     "Okay, what's happening?" Steve asked in concern. All at once, their flashlights shattered, the group taking cover from the flying glass. They took deep breaths, looking around as they realized what had happened. They needed to find Eddie. 

~*~
Chapter Six: The Dive

     Nancy sped the car down the road, pop music playing over the radio as they were taking turns playing everyone's favorite songs just in case. Max still had headphones on, and Steve, Dustin and Mary were in the back eating junk food. Billy was sat next to Max and Lucas, staring out the window to try and figure out if this was all still real. 

     "Not to be a wimp, but can I sit in the car for this one? 'Cause this is gonna totally and royally suck," Robin stated, looking at Nancy.

     "It'll be fine," Nancy said with a shrug. 

     "I can't stand to see those dull eyes of Eddie's break again. I really, really can't," Robin said with a sigh. 

     "At least he can drink himself into feeling better," Steve said, holding up the six pack.