"you thought wrong," he replied, handing it back to her. "it looks better on you than it ever did on me. keep it."

the blonde cocked her head to the side amusedly. "i thought you said you looked best in everything?"

eddie reached across the table and held a finger over the girls lips. "shh."

tillie laughed gently as eddie removed his finger. "are you sure you want me to keep it?" she queried.

"definitely. i like seeing you in it," eddie nodded with a smile. "but if you wanted to repay me, my nails are coming off."

"what?" tillie asked in confusion.

eddie held out his hand, showing her the nail polish that was chipping off.

"oh," tillie realized. "yeah, that happens. look, it's happening to me too," she held out her own hand beside his, showing how her nails were also chipped.

"can you repaint them for me?" he asked. "i like having them done."

"of course," tillie smiled. "i'll bring some in tomorrow. what color do you want?"

"what color are you repainting yours?" he questioned.

"maybe like a purple or something," she told him in response.

"okay, i want purple too," eddie stated. "i want us to match again."

"okay," tillie nodded with a grin.
maybe chrissy was right. maybe her feeling for the boy were reciprocated. or maybe he was just a nice guy being friendly.

speaking of chrissy, the girl hadn't told eddie yet that she'd spilled everything to her sister.

"so, chrissy kind of knows about.. this," she informed him.

"is that what you were talking about yesterday?" eddie asked.

"yeah. she saw the hoodie and forced me to spill," she confirmed. "you don't mind her knowing, do you? she won't say anything, don't worry."

"i don't mind," he told her. "honestly, right now, my mind is focused on having a great spring break."

"oh, yeah? what are your plans?"

eddie shrugged, sitting forwards and resting his face in his palm. "probably practice with the boys a bit. we have a day gig at a different bar which is crazy. i'm going to have to study a bit if i still plan on graduating. and of course, spend some time with my favorite girl."

"i don't know what i plan on doing," tillie replied, trying to ignore the nickname. "probably just studying and—"

"spending time with your favorite boy?" eddie asked.

"definitely," she smiled.

📻🪐🏹

anyways since this is a short chapter, here's some memes i made about the book 😍
( spoilers for vol 2 btw!! )

anyways since this is a short chapter, here's some memes i made about the book 😍( spoilers for vol 2 btw!! )