9- We need to talk

Thea's P.O.V.

'I need to talk to you privately. Can you meet me later tonight?'

This was the text I got from Justin's phone number when I woke up this morning, knowing it was Aaron so I chose to ignore it for the time being.

Gray sent out some of his officers right away yesterday to put a protective detail on the district attorney and lawyers that worked the Alvaro case. Everyone else was told to watch their backs just in case it went further or until we figured out who was behind all of this.

Gray walked into the office I was in.

"Hey." I looked up at him. "Oh my God, what's wrong?"

Gray sat down and let out a breath, "Adrik was murdered last night."

"What? How is that even possible?"

He shook his head, "In that book you recovered, four girls weren't accounted for. The DA's office told him we would work on some kind of bogus deal with his sentencing if we brought the girls in safely. They were on their way to the house when he was shot by a sniper."

"Did they find the shooter?"

"No, it could be anyone. He had enough enemies in the states."

Aaron?

"Off the Adrik case for a moment. Has anyone contacted Aaron yet about Alvaro?"

"No. I've been running around crazy trying to deal with this shit. I tried calling him but his phone must be shut off."

"Someone needs to let Aaron know what's going on immediately. I bet you anything he's a target too. I can do it."

"Yeah, you beat him in poker and now the two of you are best friends?" Gray joked.

"You know I talked to him that night, a few times actually and he called me yesterday and now he wants to meet with me about something."

"About the case?"

"I don't know. I know he's helping Justin right now, maybe Justin needs something from me."

"Do you know how to get a hold of Aaron?"

"Yes."

"I don't like you going by yourself to see that man but I have a feeling you will be working side by side with him once Aaron knows about Alvaro. He's going to start digging too and as much as I hate it, Aaron and his crew are good at what they do so working together on this case is probably the best since we don't know what or who we're up against. Are you comfortable working with Aaron and his men?"

"Yes, I can handle myself and Aaron."

"Alright. Thea, just be careful, okay? Keep me in the loop every step of the way."

"I will."

After Gray left my office I got on my cell and hit the message from Aaron earlier.

Me- When and where?

Justin- 7 pm. The Jumping Jacks Power Plant. Go through the door by the red dumpster.

Justin- Maybe we can get dinner afterwards?

Me- I'll be there and No!

*****
After work... I was walking into the building Aaron told me to meet him at.