◦༻ 35...Love Will Drive You Irrational

Start from the beginning

     But, Jun Wu learned his lesson after Xiu Y/n had punched him and ran away from him the moment he saw him when he was Death. Jun Wu used his time wisely and played his cards deceptively. He has waited until he found that Xiu Y/n's trust in Crimson Rain was ripe and blossoming to take advantage of Xiu Y/n.

He really had everything in place. Everything was tossed back into his plans. He could proceed with the next step too: he could've become Xiu Y/n's lover.

     Then Jun Wu died.

     No one,

     No one had expected for Xiu Y/n to do that.

     Not Mei Nianqing.

     Not Jun Wu.

     Not fate.

     Not that thing, or better known as The Reverend of Empty Words.

     And now....

     Xiu Y/n, Life, Death, the one who shocked fate, the one who deceived everyone—

     —was at Mei Nianqing's door, crying.

───༻ ❍ ༺───

     "I-" Mei Nianqing was stunned for words, "What are you doing here-?" Mei Nianqing watched closely as Xiu Y/n bit his bottom lip and let tears spill down his face. He was trying to make sure he at least cried silently, Mei Nianqing felt horrible for him.

     "I..." Xiu Y/n started.

     They both waited for a moment. A moment that felt like a century.

     "I don't fucking know," Xiu Y/n choked out.

     Mei Nianqing's face twisted from shock into sympathy.

Xiu Y/n, had always found some way to suffer, no matter what; The Reverend always created a way to take away his healing and rip off the bandage that he worked so hard to put on his scars.

     Mei Nianqing couldn't let that happen again. He couldn't let that scar reopen. He thought to himself about the loopholes The Reverend had set up as he took a trembling Xiu Y/n into his arms, a damp spot forming on the shoulder of his robes in seconds.

     He couldn't let The Reverend rip off another bandage for two reasons:

     One, he couldn't stand to watch Xiu Y/n be tormented by a being, The Reverend, which he didn't even know was doing all this.

     Two, Xiu Y/n might just crack harder than he ever has before if The Reverend does open that wound.

Considering how much Xiu Y/n had been able to do the last two times he had snapped like driftwood—

     —it would get even more ugly.

     Mei Nianqing stroked Xiu Y/n's back gently, combing his fingers through Xiu Y/n's (now very long) hair.

     "Talk to me about it, okay?" Mei Nianqing whispered softly. Xiu Y/n shivered at how calm his voice was, how comforting it was.

     Last time he had seen Mei Nianqing; he was slammed against a wall and ripped away from him before they could make up. Now, he was in one of his most venerable states; in said Mei Nianqing's arms.