33: Follies at the Coven Day Parade (Part II)

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, a yellow beam shoots out of nowhere, knocking out one of the scouts.

"We're being attacked!" A scout shouted.

You feel a gush of wind sway whisps of your hair as an unidentifiable individual raced towards the coven scouts at a blinding speed.

You turn your head to see who it was only to be surprised that it was just another coven scout.

They walked up close to you and loosened the magic ropes that bound you.

With their back turned, a scout charged toward them from behind.

"Look out!" You warned.

The individual swiftly turned around and punched the attacking coven scout right in the face, knocking them out.

Just as you were freed, you grab your staff and prepared to fight.

The scouts charged at both of you one after another.

The individual flawlessly combatted the enemy and you did the same by shooting fireballs using your staff.

"Fall back! Call for backup!" Carl shouted before retreating out of the alley.

"That... was so cool." You huffed.

"Thank y-" Before you could finish, the individual wrapped their arms around you in a tight hug.

"Wh-Woah there buddy." You pushed them away from you.

"We're not there yet. Boundaries. You get me?" You chuckled nervously, giving your savior some friendly finger guns.

"Oh sorry, that's awkward." They yelped.

"Steve, I need a little help here buddy." They called.

'That voice' You would recognize that voice anywhere.

"Hunter?" You gasped.

A blue cloud poofed from the individual, revealing Hunter in his Golden Guard uniform without his mask to cover his face.

"I can't believe that actually worked." Steve cheered as he walked out of the shadows.

"Steve? Hunter? What's going on?" You were puzzled.

"It was a trap. Terra was trying to capture you. I don't know why but she knows you'll be here." Hunter replied with a sad tone.

"I had to step in. I just had to ask Steve for help to hide my identity." He further explained.

"She can't take you again. She- She's" He stumbled on his words.

"h-Hey, Hunter take it easy." You held both of his hands as you tried to calm him down.

"I'll leave you two here to talk. Somebody's got to keep watch." Steve stated as he walked to the alley entrance.

Hunter hugs you once more but this time you hug him back.

"I'm so happy that you're ok." He whispers.

"Me too..." You replied.

"This is perfect, you can go back with me to the Owl house. I already talked to Eda about it and-

Hunter lets go of the hug. He says he's happy but the expression on his face says otherwise.

"What's wrong?" You asked.

"(Y/N), you have to listen to me. You need to stay away from now on." He sternly said.

"Wha- why?" You sputtered.

"Can't you see? You're always in danger when you're with me." He denounced.

"That's not true-"

"Yes, it is!" Hunter cut you off.