Meeting the so called "Freak"

Mom: Y/N!!! DUSTIN!! GET UP!! YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE!!

It was your first day at Hawkins high, you had just moved from your Dad's house in NY  to live with your Mom and brother. Your mom kept yelling about breakfast, but you just slowly rolled out of bed to get ready. You hadn't gotten much sleep last night, due to anxiety of your first day. Not only was this your first day of your senior year, but now you had to deal with being the new kid.

Dustin: MOM HAVE YOU SEEN MY FAVORITE HAT??

You heard your brother yell down the hall towards the kitchen.

Mom: YEAH I THINK ITS ON YOUR TURTLE'S TANK DUSTY

Dustin: THANKS MOM I FOUND IT!!

As you were ignoring the whole hat situation, you got yourself ready for the day.

As you looked in the mirror after the final touches you were finally ready for  your first day at Hawkins High. Switching schools for your senior year isn't what you had planned but it's nothing you aren't ready for.

Mom: Y/N YOU BETTER GO NOW! IF YOU DONT LEAVE WITHIN TWO MINUTES YOU AND YOUR BROTHER WILL TAKE THE BUS FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR!

Y/N: IM ON MY WAY MOM!!
you come running through the kitchen grabbing an eggo waffle and putting it in your mouth as you run out turning around just far enough to give her a salute with two fingers as you run to the car. Dustin was already in the front seat cursing at you to get moving already. You turn on the car and slam on the gas. It was already 7:45, and first period started at 8. You drop Dustin off at the front of the school and make your way to the senior parking lot. There was one spot left so you just pull in without a second thought. As you get out of your car, some guy in a jock jacket comes right up to you with a few of his friends.

Jason: Hey guys look, we got ourselves a new freak show.

They all start to laugh, you just roll your eyes and walk to the building.

Jason: yk without all that dark makeup you might actually be attractive!!

You hear their laughter continue and fade as you walk away.

-small time skip-
The first half of the day was pretty easy all things considered. You even made some new friends. Robin, Steve, and Nancy. The time that you were dreading finally arrived.

LUNCH

For anyone who's not either a new kid or almost a total outcast, lunch is the best. But for you, you were regretting even walking through the cafeteria doors. Everyone's eyes were on you, well not really but it felt that way. When suddenly you sigh relief, Dustin has the same lunch period as you. You walk up to him with half confidence and ask your little brother if you can sit with his table. Of course Dustin being the sweetheart he is showed you the way to his table.

Dustin: Y/n I need to warn you of one thing before you sit with us.

Y/n: oh don't tell me you sit with a bunch of math nerds

Dustin: well I do sit with nerds but they're gaming nerds

Y/n: let me guess it's that stupid Dnd group  that came over two weeks ago.

Dustin: well....

-two weeks ago-

Eddie: Ok Dustin if you roll a perfect 18 you can use your protection spell and win

Dustin: come on... Come on...
he rolled the oddly shaped dice only for it to be 18!!

The whole group cheered, and you could hear everything from your bedroom. No matter how loud you turned up your Van Halen record you could hear one person's voice, you never saw his face but you could imagine it. Dustin had referred to him as Eddie. And you knew that group was the last thing you wanted to be seen with on your first day.

Eddie: hey Dustin, tell your sister she has some good taste in music.

Dustin: why don't you go tell her that, I don't want to be in the middle of you flirting with her. You've never actually seen her, you know that right?

Eddie: yeah yeah, I just... nevermind man see you in two weeks for your first day of your FRESHMAN YEAR!!

-present time-

You reluctantly sit down next to Dustin and his friends as he introduces you to the group as his older sister.

Eddie picks his head up just enough so he can see your face.  Your reading a book filled with Edgar Allen Poe's poetry. Eddie  immediately regrets trying to sneak a peak because you shoot him a pretty dirty look.

Y/n: do you have a problem with me?

Eddie: woah princess, you're the one who decided to sit with the Freaks.

He flashed a  devilish smile at you and you just shook your head and went back to reafing your book. When suddenly you hear a voice that make your face become even more disgusted.

Jason: looks like I won the bet fellas the little "Freak' erella" from this morning found her way to the Freak table. OH and looks whose at the head of this table. The Freak himself, Eddie Munson.

You look at them with utter disgust, and was about to let your anger get the better of you, but you turned back to your book instead.

Jason: oh my look at this!! Maybe I was wrong about you "Freak' erella", because from the looks of it I make you too nervous to even look at us.

You were about to say something but someone interrupted you

Eddie: shut it you dick heads

Jason: WOAH someone finally decided to speak up, defending your little girlfriend huh? I didn't realize the Freak had feelings

The group of basketball players just started laughing, they were about to walk away until Eddie jumped on to the table.

Jason: hold up guys it looks to me like the freakshow isnt quite over yet.

Before Jason could say another word Eddie jumped down from the table and punched him right in the nose.

Jason: YOU FREAK LOOK AT WHAT YOU DID! IF YOU THOUGHT BEING HELD BACK TWO YEARS WAS BAD, YOURE SO GONNA GET EXPELLED NOW!

Y/n: I was handling everything just fine you didn't have to step in

Eddie: oh don't think I was doing that for your benefit alright sweetheart. I've been wanting to clock that guy forever.

Y/n: he definitely deserved it. maybe I won't mind sitting with you guys so much after all

Eddie: stay as long as you'd like Henderson

Y/n: you're not what I thought you'd be

Eddie: neither are you

Dustin: seriously guys your flirting right in front of me

You blush and hide behind your book for the rest of the period. You catch Eddie glancing back at you a few times before the bell rings.

-A/N-

Hey guys I hope you liked this so far! Let me know your thoughts and I'll be sure to reach them! Until next time!