Misty Memory

DT poured himself a bowl of cereal in his kitchen, leaning against the counter as he ate. He was off work today, thankfully. He wasn’t sure he had the mental capacity to put up with people after what he went through last night. Things were just starting to feel…kind of normal again. He should’ve known better.

Risk rubbed his eyes from under his glasses as he made his way to the kitchen, "Mornin' " He yawned as he went to make himself coffee. He felt like a walking zombie. He only got four hours of sleep last night.

“Hey.” DT greeted through a mouthful of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. He wiped the excess milk off his face. “…Hell of a night.”

Risk nodded, "Yep." He grabbed a mug and poured some coffee, grabbing creamer as well and pouring some in. He stirred it and took a small sip with a soft sigh. "How did you sleep?"

Risk frowned with a nod, "Yeah.." His eyes widened, "We have to go back and talk about that today don't we?"

“Yep, sounds like it…” DT took another spoonful from his cereal. “And it’s not gonna be fun.”

Risk swore under his breath, "I have to watch Summer today.." He took another sip of his coffee.

“They saw what happened, I’m sure they can find another sitter.” DT advised.

Risk frowned, "You think I'm trusting her with a stranger." He let out a laugh, "No."

DT exhaled irately. “Ry, she’ll be okay. I know she’s important to you, but…this is life or death right now.”

Risk ran a hand through his hair, "I.." He groaned. "Okay..okay..." He didn't like it but..this was life or death.

DT nodded. “Good…everyone needs you. More than you think.”

Risk looked at DT, "Oh... Uh, I mean I guess they do.." He blinked. He sat down next to DT, taking a gulp of his coffee. He wasn't awake enough yet.

DT nodded. “You’re getting better with compliments.” He smiled. “I’m proud of you.”

Risk smiled back at DT, "Thank you.." He side hugged the other with his free hand that didn't hold his coffee. "I love you, bud."

DT was given a start, but he patted Risk's arm. "I love..."

...His voice faded out before he could finish his sentence.

Risk raised an eyebrow, "DT..?" He set his coffee down on the table. "Hey..?" He shook the other a little bit.

DT was frozen, his eyes fixated on the opposing wall. He didn't seem to acknowledge anything around him.

Risk's eyes widened, "DT..?" He remembered...this is what Austin talked about. "No..no, you motherfucker, get out of him!" He yelled.

DT didn't seem to hear. After a moment, his head tilted down slightly, his eyes gently closing.

Risk's heart skipped a beat in fear, "D..DT?" He put a hand on the others cheek and gently tapped it, "Hey, if you are in there bud, please wake up.. Please.." His voice cracked.

DT remained silent and motionless for a few moments. Then, a small chuckle parted his lips.

“Hm…” DT leaned his head up. “…I’m awake…”

Risk raised an eyebrow, "O..okay... What happened there, bud?" He tilted his head, looking to see if there's any noticable change.

DT opened his eyes, slowly turning his head to look at Risk. His pupils were dilated, and he spoke with a low voice. “…I made…the necessary changes.”

Risk's eyes widened, "No..no." This was not his little brother.. "There were no changes to be made you fucker." He growled out. "Now..get the fuck out."