meanwhile, eddie tried his best to make his bed, struggling to get the sheet on properly. once he was semi happy with it, he began changing himself, out of his jeans and hellfire club t-shirt into some sweatpants. he began searching the ground for another top to wear, but couldn't seem to find one.

walking into the room, tillie immediately turned her head away upon seeing eddie shirtless. "shit, sorry. i didn't realize—"

"it's okay," he told her, grabbing a t-shirt off the floor and throwing it on over his head. "you can come in now."

matilda cleared her throat awkwardly and entered the room, placing her bag on the floor before walking to sit on the bed.

"i'm just gonna go get the sleeping bag from my uncle's room," eddie told her, beginning to make his way to his bedroom door.

"sleeping bag?" tillie queried.

eddie faced her, taking note of her confused expression. "well, yeah, i thought i'd let you take the bed and i'd just sleep on the floor or something."

"don't be ridiculous," she remarked. "this is your house. i'm not letting you sleep on the floor. if anything, i should sleep on the floor."

"don't be ridiculous," he repeated to her. "i'm not letting you sleep on the floor. i've got stoned and slept on the floor before, it's really not that bad."

"i don't care," she told him stubbornly. "i'm not letting you sleep on the floor."

"so, what? we're both sleeping in the bed?"

she glanced at the bed and back up at him. "looks like it."

nodding, eddie slowly walked over to the other side of the bed and sat down, leaning his head against the headboard.

tillie saw a cautious expression on his face and began to worry. "u-unless you don't want to share a bed with me?"

"no, no," he replied, almost instantly. "that's not it at all. i just don't want to make you uncomfortable or claustrophobic or something. i mean, your bed at home is like double the size of this, and of course, the other thing. i just didn't know if you'd want to be in a bed with a guy, in case you got like.. flashbacks or something."

she couldn't help but a smile and how sweet he was. "you're the only guy i'd want to get in bed with," she told him, before realizing how it sounded. "i mean—" she cringed at herself. "i just mean that you're the only guy i'd feel comfortable sharing a bed with since the incident."

eddie chuckled at her awkwardness, looking at her in adoration. "i know what you mean, princess," he replied.

the blonde glanced down, feeling a light shiver up her arms. she crossed her arms over her chest, rubbing her upper arms with her palms.

"are you cold?" eddie asked. "do you want a jumper or something?"

"no, it's okay. i'm fine," she tried to convince him, but the boy had already started standing up to find her an extra layer.

"it gets really cold in here at nights. and my cover isn't very thick," he said, walking over to his door. strung on a coat hanger was several jackets, and he grabbed a grey zip up hoodie and threw it in her direction. "here."