15. Temporary Retreat and Reunion

Magsimula sa umpisa

The strong impact caused the dirt and sand to fog up the surroundings. Everyone gasped, awaiting the worst case scenario, however, two individuals stood right in front of Aladdin's aid. One male and one female. Y/n blocked the right side, her sword still filled with Mana and the other was a young man with blonde hair, holding a black sword in hand, which seemed to be ablaze.

"Amon's sword can cut through any metal vessels." The young man explained.

Y/n turned her head to the older young man before looking back at Mu who returned back into his original form, kneeling weakly probably to mana depletion from using his djinn equip.

"Who would have thought, that you two will stop me." He said, his other family members coming up to aide him.

Y/n naturally would. Aladdin is her friend after all, so she turned her head towards the unknown character again then towards the shocked Aladdin who surprisingly seemed to recognize him. "Alibaba!" the boy cried the name, obviously knowing the said person and seemed to be close with him.

"Aladdin." Alibaba responded, seemingly happy to see him.

Alibaba Saluja (Third prince of Balbadd Kingdom)

"Oh." Y/n sighed. "It looks like he is a reinforcement for you." the girl let her worries vanished, calming herself down.

"Why would you help the enemy?!" The female fanalis asked in frustration as he helped the older get up.

"He's the friend I was telling you about. An important friend!" the young man admitted.

Mu looked at him. "It seems like you are also a metal vessel user." He said.

"Mu, that's enough." From behind them, the familiar loli voice that Y/n keeps hearing on Titus's every evening report finally appeared. It didn't disappoint Y/n's expectations of her appearance. The lady was small, and seemed to have been stuck into a kid body. She wore a pure white robe wrapped around her body with a gold staff in her hand and leaf covered grapes on both sides of her head seemingly to be a decoration. It also looked like the same type of plant design earing that Titus was wearing.

 It also looked like the same type of plant design earing that Titus was wearing

Scheherazade (Magi and priestess of Reim Empire)

The fanalis group began to kneel in front of her, showing respect. Recognizing that this was the important priestess of Reim, Y/n stood still properly and watched her.

Meanwhile, the confused Aladdin stepped forward slightly. "You're Scheherazade? You're really Scheherazade?" he asked seemingly unsure if what he was seeing was indeed a magi like himself.

"Aladdin!" Titus scolded, as he worried that he was disrespecting an important person of Kou.

"Your grace, I think it would be advisable if you make your troops retreat now." Y/n stepped forward and spoke straightforwardly, but with a hint of politeness in her tone. She really wanted to tell them that Magnostadt had already had an agreement with Obelia, but since it's still not valid, she decided not to speak about it. But it's true that it's still under protection of the magic tower, considering that they have contact.

Everyone stared at Y/n now. Her face had become visibly warmer than how it was earlier but her tone still held a hint of authority in her voice as if she was heralded of higher status. Her blue jeweled eyes showed exceptional and alluring shine that no one from Reim had ever seen before. It almost felt like she came out of a mythical books of fairies.

"Your magic had been different from others." Was what Scheherazade started to say. She really couldn't fathom whether this lady was using aberrant magic or a metal vessel user herself. The rukhs are surrounding her just fine, but she wasn't even absorbing them. "Who are you?" she finally asked.

Titus looked at Y/n worried. Y/n looked back at him and smiled before turning to the blonde lady. "I am Y/n, a mage and sword of Obelian empire." She replied.

Her small introduction shook the soldiers as they looked at this beautiful and almost ethereal person, they couldn't believe just a moment ago that they were exchanging blades. And now the word Obelia came out of her mouth. That mysterious yet prosperous empire that stood mightily in the face of it's other empires and continent. The country that took the envy of the world.

"Obelia you say?" Scheherazade repeated the empire's name.

"That's right." Y/n responded in confirmation.

"Why would you join a war that you're country is not involved with?" Mu asked as he looked at the person that he unfortunately was not able to kill no matter how much he tried earlier.

Y/n looked at 'the person who buried her alive' unhappily. "A decision that does not involve you to know." she replied, her face was different when facing Mu, showing her dislike to him very much specially.

The man could only helplessly sigh.

"But Y/n was right, miss Scheherazade, please withdraw your troops." Aladdin spoke. He had explained to the priestess about the worst case scenario of this war would be if they kept pushing the director to the brink just to convince Scheherazade to retreat his soldiers.

"Aladdin, Aladdin's King, Alibaba. Would you mind coming with me for a chat?" The magi requested. "Also, Titus."

Due to this chat, the soldiers had temporarily retreated. Both magicians and Reim soldiers stood by as they see the boat floating in the middle of the shore between the ships and lands.

Y/n and Sphintus waited for the news in anticipation that night. But the long night had long drained most of their strength, but they were still unsure whether to really relax or not.

And the answer came as soon as everyone could even think to leisure. An hour before the dawn breaks, one of the intermediate magician flew towards the group. "Everyone should prepare. Kou Empire has come with their own Army of 200, 000!"

The magicians were surely stunned by this news. Y/n herself couldn't even believe such luck! To think that two Empires would come one day of each other just to attack this small country?

Such bold actions! Y/n was in disbelief.

Magnostadt is really clearly an important country in these two empires huh? An advantageous area both resources and tactical means. So creating a border with this piece of land is indeed very ideal.

As the thought still stunned the wounded magicians, all eyes noticed darkness coming from the capital. Everyone turned their heads as the sunrise began to light the country once more. The black rukh began to gather together, attracting one another to form three grotesque images akin to devils.

Those three gigantic creatures floated up in the air and then launched into the direction that lead the Kou empire's soldiers.

"Those are?" Y/n was confused. Albeit, heard cheering from other magicians and Magnostadt citizens alike. The cries were loud as if looking up at the salvation of the world. Y/n turned to Sphintus. "Could it be one of the triggers Aladdin was warning us about?" She asked.

"Probably. They look menacing enough." Sphintus replied. The next moment he turned her head, the girl was gone beside him.

.

Lol. Just when everything's calm on one side, shit's abouta go down on the other.