"He's obviously happy with her I just don't really like not knowing anything about her. She may just be using him" she said with concern.

"Don't worry about it I'm sure Jay can look after himself" I said not believing a word of my own words, I just hope Lil did.

"I, I guess you're right. I'm not warming to her until I know a little more. It all seems too fast to me" she said giving her little detective expression she would always do when a plan was clocking in her little mind. "I'll see you down stairs"

Kate

This morning Jay and I went down to have breakfast with his Mum and Da. It was the first time it was just us four and I felt nervous about saying all the right words and acting the right way I nearly made myself sick.

"Hey, stop worrying it's going fine" Jay whispered in my ear as we all sat eating.

"So tell us everything about the moment you both met again, I want to know everything" Sally leaned her head in her hands smiling loving at us both while Mark drank his coffee.

Jay told our story to his parents as I sat silently listening as he romanced the story. He brought his hand up to my cheek rubbing it gentle in his palm trying to show us being an affectionate couple. I flinched a little out of habit but smiled it off as I leant into his hand.

"...at the end of the night I knew I had to see her again" he said looking into my eyes. I blushed, embarrassed even of the false compliments sent my way. Even if they were only said to convince his parents of them being a couple the thought of someone saying such lovely things about me made me want to cry out of happiness. God I'm so pathetic!

"That's so lovely Jay I'm glad you found someone to call yours finally" Sally leaned back finishing her breakfast. "Much better than them show things your normally bring to these parties"

"All those fake bimbo girls are more Jakes thing Jay. But Kate...She's a keeper, don't let this one get away" Mark voiced his thoughts giving me a little wink. I liked his Da a lot, he seemed like a down to earth type of guy that said whatever he thought and damned the consequences. He didn't seem to care like everyone else did about acting or saying the right thing. He had Sally to do that for him. Don't get me wrong I like Sally a lot but I just didn't think the feeling was the same.

"We better go" Jay stood from the table with me following. "We're doing the treasure hunt activity with Lilly and Connor" I'd forgotten we were doing that this morning as I got ready. I was wearing wedges and a mid-high, floral jersey dress. Not really hiking friendly.

"That's great well have fun and will see you at the ball tonight" Sally and Mark stayed sitting as we both went back to the room so I could change my shoes and grab a cardigan. When we got downstairs and Lilly and Connor were waiting with a large group of people outside the front.

"Great you guys are here. I've signed us in there just setting everything up. Are you excited?" Lilly greeted us nearly jumping up and down with excitement. She looked amazing like she always did in the papers. She was only wearing denim shorts with a patterned top, totally casual but just as stylish as she does when walking down the runway.

"Yeah, really excited" I smiled at her just as a guy from the front started talking, bringing everyone together.

"Hey guys! Welcome to the todays extreme treasure hunt now I'm just going to go through the rules of the game. Each group gets a compass and a map, on your way around the woods you will come across points in your team colour. It will either be a star or a star shape like this" he said holding up a large plastic star. "The task is simple the group that comes back with the most points wins the game prize but this is extreme part. To get to each star you need to solve the riddle to find your way through the woods and then when you reach the points there will be a challenge. If you win the challenge you win the points and the compass coordinates for the next part"