The Fool Festival

(POV:Reader)

-"Come on Quasi, quietly" we took a few secret passageways (one's who's access were gifted to me by the priest) rushing through them to the outside.

It was amazing to be here in person, so colorful, festive and lively. People danced and cheered at the various events and songs that others performed. I panicked after getting separated from Quasi who was pulled away by dancers as I was too. People pulled me to dance and sing, evening lowered my cloak at one point.

I wandered around, looking for Quasi until an older looking man pulled me to dance. He was grabby, holding my waist too tight as well as my hand so I wouldn't leave. His breath smelled strongly of alcohol as he pulled me closer. I tried pulling away feeling uncomfortable but he tightened his grip on me. His hand slid a bit lower, causing me to gasp and shove him back with all my force. I pulled away and ran, looking for a place to hide.

I couldn't think of anything else but my father's words. They were teasing me, flooding my head, making it impossible to think straight. The festival, colors and attractions weren't helping either, they made me feel dizzy, too many people surrounding me were making me feel sick, alongside the feeling of the man following me.

I hid behind a few people, looking around, spotting the man once more, who saw me as well and chased after me. I took a turn, pulling my cloak up and hid in a random tent, thinking it was empty.

I sighed in relief, taking a few steps back until I bumped into something. Hesitantly I turned to find a young man, looking at me a bit confused. He was quite handsome, he wore a loose white shirt that exposed his chest, along with light violet colored pants and golden jewelry.

-"Are you alright?" he asked, walking to the tents doors and peeking out, I peeked as well and saw the man turn our way, I hid again taking a step back from the tent doors.

-"He left, but I understand his motives, you're a pretty little thing aren't you?" he pulled my cloak down, tucking a strand of my y/h/c back.

-"Your welcome to stay here, Djali can keep you company" a goat stood from a pile of colorful pillows at a corner of a room. He walked towards me, almost eyeing me suspiciously before looking at his owner and turning to me once more.

-"T-thank you, but I must leave my friend is out there" I half-explained, walking towards the tent doors.

-"Well enjoy the festival, and do be more careful" he smiled, a playful smile full of mischief. I waved a goodbye and rushed to find Quasi. 

I giggled, watching Quasi dancing around a bit, a smile on his face as he pulled his cloak lower. My smile died down, I had spotted my father who was getting down from his carriage. He scoffed as he looked around, his expression full of annoyment and boredom.

He then turned to the stage where a man in a jester outfit surrounded himself in smoke before the younger man I had run into earlier was now on the stage dancing. He did a series of dances and tricks before bowing as all the women threw coins and clapped happily. I gave a few claps and he turned my way giving me a wink, my cheeks flushing pink as he did.

(A/N):

Bit of a short chapter, the next one's longer I think.

Hope you enjoyed the two!

Bye!