The Forgotten Element

(authors note~ this fun fact is that this is my all-time favorite Ninjago season. it is sooooo freakin good. literally, a cinematic masterpiece *chefs kiss*)

{3rd Person POV}

Down in the factory, Jay was walking around and doing his job, trying to focus on the "power of positive thinking."

"It's not work if you love what you do! The power of positive thinking," he said as he was shoved in front of a machine by a grunt.

Cole whispered at the blue ninja to get his attention.

"Cole? Zane? Is that you?" He asked excitedly. He gasped. "You look amazing!" he told Zane.

"Not so loud!" Cole whisper-yelled. "They think we've escaped and don't know we're here."

"Why would you come back?"

"Because, we're breaking everyone out."

"Correction," Zane said. "We're building our way out."

"They think we're fixing the noodle machine, but we're fixing a roto jet," Cole added.

"A roto jet? But aren't we underground?" Jay asked.

"That's what I've been saying!" Cole agreed.

"What happened to positive thinking?" Karlof asked while he was "fixing" the machine. A grunt yelled at him to get back to work.

"Hey, do you know where Kai is?" Cole asked.

"Last I heard, he's getting the special treatment," Jay said.

Cole cleared his throat and looked around. "And uh... what about (Y/n)?"

Jay smiled. "She's with Lloyd and Garmadon. She hasn't been caught yet. She still has her powers," Jay said, reassuringly. Cole relaxed slightly at this sentiment. "You'll see Juliet again, Romeo."

"Hey, that was Kai's nickname!" Cole said back in a joking manner.

{First Person POV}

"There's no doubt the ceremony has been initiated by now. The others have lost their powers..." Lloyd said in a dejected manner. "He knows I'm coming, but we can't just hide here and do nothing."

"We have to wait until nightfall. There's too many," Nya said.

"And then what? Every minute we're out here, he grows more powerful-" Lloyd argued.

"Son," Garmadon said, putting a hand on the ninja's shoulder. "Chen grows strong by taking from others. But real power does the opposite. It empowers those around you. Like the way you've empowered me. We will get you to Chen and you will destroy his staff."

"If we destroy the staff the powers should be returned to our fallen comrades. And he will not have what he needs to complete the spell. We just have to get you close enough. I'll have your back the whole way," I told the Green Ninja.

We waited until dark patiently, camping outside the walls.

"Remember, destroy the staff and everyone's power returns. You came here to make your team whole. Finish the job," Garmadon said, giving his son a pat on the back.

"We have to be quick Lloyd. Think quick on your feet. I can craft you a weapon if needed," I told him. Nya shot a crossbow onto a roof to give Lloyd and me a way to the top of the building by sliding across it like a zipline.

We set our sights on the guards inside the walls and one by one we managed to take them out. We then opened a window on a higher floor of Chen's temple to sneak inside. We attempted to move quietly and close to the wall to avoid being spotted, but Lloyd's foot triggered an alarm attached to a string almost as soon as we got inside. The doors at the end of the hallway swung open to reveal guards, and we prepared for a fight. I formed a sword quickly and immediately went hand to hand with as many as I could take on.