Callum finally stood up and looked Rayla in the eyes, ''I can see you believe it, but I've known Soren and Claudia for years. You and I don't have that yet,'' Callum sighed and turned around while Rayla left, disappointed.

''If I would've said the exact same thing Rayla said, would've you believed me? Trusted me?'' I asked from the corner I was standing in.

Callum turned around but looked away.

''You've known me for the longest. Rayla has saved your life multiple times, yet you choose to trust people who are obviously not your real friends, Callum,'' I said and left.

Time skip brought to you by Callum's love for Claudia

Callum had left for his little date with Claudia, Rayla had left to find Lujanne and Ellis and Ez were nowhere to be found. Now that I was alone, I had two options: Practice my powers and sword fighting or think about these new feelings I had for Rayla. I decided to go with the second option. I went outside for a walk. I knew that Callum and Claudia were at the Moon Nexus, so I decided to avoid going there. As I walked I looked at the moon, or well, the half of the moon that was visible. It reminded me of how my life was until I met Rayla. It was like, I had found that missing piece of me.

''I'm probably crazy,'' I chuckled to myself.

Suddenly I saw some movement. I immediately got my throwing thingy out. (Yes, yes, I know. I need to find out what the heck this thing is called but for now, I'm calling it throwing thingy. Nvm, after 5 minutes of GoOgLiNg I found out that it's called a tri blade throwing knife and it's a boomerang so yay you :)) As the footsteps got closer I saw who it was. It was Rayla. She had her arms wrapped around her.

''Rayla!'' I stepped away from the rocks and put my boomerang back on my belt. ''Is everything okay?'' I asked hesitantly.

Rayla didn't say anything. She didn't even look at me. Then we noticed Callum walk out of the shadows.

''Callum? Oh, I'm so glad you're here. We need to talk,'' Rayla's tone worried me a bit.

As Callum stepped more into the light, we noticed he was crying.

''I know what happened.''

Me and Rayla looked confusingly at each other.

''What do you mean? What hap-'' I started but Callum cut me off.

''He's gone,'' Callum said and wiped a few tears off of his face.

''Oh, no,'' Rayla looked sadly at Callum who tried his best to not break down in front of us.

Time skip

Callum quickly realized that we already knew, so we told him the truth and he stormed off. I don't blame him, poor guy.

''Callum, I'm sorry. I tried to tell you the king was dead,'' Rayla tried once again to apologize.

Callum finally stopped and turned around, ''my stepdad. He was more than just the king to me.''

''Your stepdad, I know. I really tried, but I could never find the right way. And whenever I tried, I messed it up, and the next time was harder, until-'' Rayla tried to explain but Callum, once again, cut her off.

''Rayla, just stop. I can't talk about this right now. All I can think about is how I'm going to tell Ezran our father is gone.'' Callum turned around and started walking away.

''I'm sorry, Callum. I'm so, so sorry,'' Rayla apologized before looking away, tears in her eyes.

I gently put my hand on her shoulder and she turned around. I put my arms out so she could hug me and she threw herself to my embrace, quietly sobbing. (Okay, so I know that this would be rather unlikely to happen, but we need some more Rayla and reader moments.)