Chapter 3 S1

Not my art!!
——————————————————————
Y/n POV

Yesterday was a long day for all of us. We finally arrived to some land and we immediately laid down to sleep.

I woke up to someone touching my shoulder. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Rayla, cuddling up against me.

I looked down at her before closing my eyes and drifting to sleep again.

Time skip

I woke up to Callum bringing the cube closer to Rayla and each time it was close to her, the moon rune began to light up.

I saw Rayla flinch when he did this again and again, so I grabbed his wrist and threw him away, giving him a death stare. He understood what I meant and started playing with his cube further away from us. (That sounded so bad for no reason at all...)

Rayla sighed and kept cuddling closer to me. I wrapped my hands around her and looked up at the sky. A few moments later, Rayla finally woke up and immediately blushed when she saw how we were positioned.

"Good morning, sleepyhead," I said calmly, but she sat up, looked at me with a smirk, winked and then stood up.

"I'm going to find some food." Rayla motioned me to come with her.

"Uhh, I'll come too," I said and stood up. We were about to walk into the forest when Ezran stopped us.

"Wait, we've got food. We grabbed a sack of bread at the Banther Lodge," Ezran said happily, while Rayla took a so called 'bread' out of the sack.

"I thought this was a sack of clubs." Rayla started swinging the bread-club around, causing it to eventually hit her finger. She dropped the bread-club and it fell on a stone, breaking it in half.

Me and Rayla looked shocked at the stone, now broken in half.

Ezran bent down and picked up the bread-club. "No, It's food...ish," he said and then started to chew on the bread, which didn't seem to do anything at all.

"I'm good," Rayla said before turning awkwardly around and walking away. 10 minutes later I decided to follow her.

Time skip

I had been walking for around 20 minutes when I finally saw Rayla sitting on a cliff. She looked like she was trying to cut the ribbon off of her hand, but with no luck, she stuck her blade into the cliff, letting out a deep sigh.

"Hey there," I said softly. Rayla looked up at me before looking back down again without saying a word.

"Everything alright?" I asked but Rayla didn't say anything. She just kept looking down.

I looked at her hand and then, with no hesitation, I grabbed it in mine and just enjoyed the feeling of her hand. I felt Rayla look at me.

"I- uhh- well, I thought you didn't wanna talk, so I thought showing you I was here to listen would help." I felt my cheeks heat up.

Rayla still didn't say anything. She just kept staring at me. (Girl why tf you staring it's fr freaking me out 😭)

I sighed and looked down. "I understand if you dont wanna talk... I'll just leave," I said and let go of her hand.

I quickly stood up and started walking away, but then I felt Rayla grab my hand and pull me towards her.

I looked back at her, shocked at what she had just done, but she looked down as if she was shy.

I gently put my other hand underneath her chin, lifting her head gently up, so our eyes could meet.

We stared at each other for a few seconds before we both started leaning in. When our lips were just inches apart, we heard someone yell, "Help! Help!"