"It just burnt down a few hours ago." The other person answered.

Ning Ning acknowledged it then pursued the matter further, "Who is so bad to burn down someone else's house?"

"It's the kid from this house," the person complained, "he burned down the house while trying to cook, my house was almost caught up in it too."

...It was Mu Gua.

Ning Ning looked back at the ruins.

She looked at the place that used to be called Friendship Bistro.

"This is the history I have altered." Ning Ning thought, then inspiration struck her. If this was history that she had altered, wouldn't that mean...the Mu Er now, could possibly not be the real Mu Er, but Ning Ning transmigrated as Mu Er?

Was that possible? Ning Ning licked her lips, if it was really possible, then, would there be anyone else who was more trustworthy and reliable as an ally than herself? She turned her head to look at Xu Rong and said, "Let's go."

After Friendship Bistro burned down, the siblings Mu Gua and Mu Er had lost their home; they could only temporarily stay with a relative, but it was impossible to rely on their relatives to let them stay permanently; that was why Mu Er went out looking for jobs all night. She would find a job at a restaurant tonight... Ning Ning arrived at a restaurant named Jade Rabbit.

"Welcome," the staff bowed, "little girl, are you here alone?"

Alone?

Ning Ning turned her head and discovered that no one was behind her, Xu Rong—who had been following her—had disappeared.

"Little girl?" The staff looked at her with an inquisitive expression.

Ning Ning looked back at him and said coquettishly, "My father is inside."

"Do you want me to bring you to him?" The staff asked.

"No." Ning Ning shook her head, opened up her short little legs and walked into the restaurant. "I will look for him myself!"

It was dinner time, the restaurant was crowded, almost every table was filled with dishes and surrounded by people. Ning Ning walked past table by table, her vision was not on the customers by the tables, but on the staff members.

She attempted to look for a familiar face among the staff members.

A person walked by, then another in the other direction, her head turned along with the pairs of legs that were walking in front of her. Suddenly, a man's voice rang out from behind her slowly in a lazy manner, "What are you looking for?"

"I'm looking for someone." Ning Ning answered reflexively, then her body froze. She slowly turned her head around.

Behind her was a pair of big and long legs, towering in front of her like pillars. Her vision went up along the two legs—a lean waist, broad shoulders, and finally a familiar face...that would always appear in her nightmares!

He squatted down in front of her—an urbane face, a pair of gold-framed glasses reflecting the light. He smiled and said to her, "What a coincidence, I am also looking for someone."

"...Mama said, I cannot talk to strangers." Ning Ning looked away, her heart thumped. Why would Pei Xuan be here? Who is he looking for? Is he here to look for Mu Er too?

Based on the timeline, it seemed plausible.

Yu Sheng had had her accident brought forward. Pei Xuan, now more than before, would need a replacement to act as the rich little miss in his plans. How could he let the Mu Er, whom he met at the hospital when she was visiting her mother—who also looked exactly like Yu Sheng—go?