On standby. Mace mindlinks the pack.

My head rotates to Everett, he gives me a firm nod. Everett and I are heading inside. Keep your eyes peeled for any movement, any danger, any threat. Kill anything in your way. Do anything to save Kassian.

Yes Luna.

I signal over to Everett and look at my wolves blended into the trees, waiting to pounce, hiding in plain sight. I take one step forward and Everett follows, we keep low to the ground and approach a wooden door, one that isn't bolted shut.

Everett's eyes follow my lead and he nods. I place my fingers onto the handle and open up the door, taking one look inside. Dark, damp and smells like rotten sewage.

My stomach almost flips at the stench but I hold my nose and creep forward, Everett slowly closing the door behind him. I tip toe silently down the hall, keeping my eyes open for any rogues.

We are on their territory now. This could be the death zone.

Everett keeps close behind me until we hear voices echo down the hall. I turn to him, eyes wide. He pulls me down a small crack in the wall and we squeeze in together, I hold my breath and pray they don't come down here.

"Parker's going to give that Alpha a few more days," a deep voice echoes off the brick walls. "Then that's it. Personally I think he's been here far too long."

"He's been trying to find the Luna, hasn't he?"

My eyes flick up at Everett and his brows frown down at me. "He had another plan," the other guy says. "To bring her here, hurt her in front of him. But I don't think he can find her."

I clench my fists as my body begins to rattle. Oh I want to shove my foot into his fucking mouth and snap his jaw right off.

"Apparently," one begins to laugh. "He told Parker that she would kill us all. That she's going to come for us but it's been a while and I don't think she's got the strength to find us."

My body almost lurches into the damp hall but Everett keeps a grip on my wrist. He shakes his head once, not to fuck this up. I take a deep breath and force out all my hatred, as much as I'd rip their heads from their bodies in a matter of seconds.

I have to keep focused on the mission.

Their voices get closer and I continue to hold my breath, Everett grips my wrist even tighter. Just as they reach the little hole in the wall that we're hiding in, I can see the shadows of their legs. Inches from us.

They stop. Then retreat. Back up the hall and away from our view.

When they turn the corner I release a quiet breath and Everett does the same, I poke my head out into the hall and look both ways. I signal to Everett that it's clear and he follows me again, keeping close and making our footsteps as quiet as possible.

I follow the warehouse round and look around the corner of the two rogues, they've gone. We sneak round to the nearest door and I lift my eyes to the window, instantly looking back at Kassian. Arms above his head, hanging from the ceiling, body almost turning blue but his back lashed and scarred over with red wounds.

"He's here," I heave out.

"I'll keep a lookout," Everett nods at me confidently.

My eyes glance down at the lock between the handle and the door. I pull a pair of heavy secateurs from the waistband of my trousers and cut through the metal, squeezing my arms together and tightening my jaw. It takes two attempts for it to come off, catching the lock with my hand before it crashes to the ground.