♡27

thank u @ladado for helping me write this chapter mwah <3

Sunghoon's smile faded hearing those 3 words. Never did he expect her to say that. Of course, these few days have been rough for both of them, but he thought they could overcome it, together

"What?" 

"I-I said let's break up," she said louder this time. 

He felt the world stop and dropped the gift bag he had prepared for her. The soft thud resonated throughout the quiet treehouse. "You don't mean that... right?"

Hyemin avoided his gaze to hide her tears. "I'm sorry," she whispered. She turned around and exited the treehouse, biting her lips in order to stop her sobs from escaping. 

Sunghoon had been trying to keep it together to try and save himself from the truth at that point, but as soon as she turned her back to him and walked away, he didn't fight the tears that fall from his eyes. 

He stared at the gift he had prepared for her with a blank look as tears rolled down his cheeks. He blamed himself for it. He wished he could've been a better boyfriend to her. Even though it may seem all fake to her, his actions and words were genuine. 

He knew he was in trouble when he began falling for her, yet he still allowed himself to. Hyemin always made him forget all his problems and was always there for him. He wishes he could go back in time and tell her how much he appreciated her, to express his stupid feelings for her. 

Sunghoon didn't understand why she'd want this, but that didn't help the shattering of his heart. Kang Hyemin. He remembered when she was there for him when he got his heart broken, and now she was the cause of it. Still, he forgave her. He just wished they could've enjoyed the past few days together. 

The last time he noticed she was actually happy was a week ago when they were at the park together taking pictures. He took out his phone and stared at his lock screen. 

She looks so pretty.

He remembers vividly how the picture was taken. After they were walking back, he couldn't help but stare at her. She said something about him taking a picture instead and that's what he did. He remembers how flustered she got and him teasing her about it. She then flicked his forehead out of annoyance. 

Hyemin was the light of his life, he could only reflect the light she gave off. But now without his sun, the moon couldn't shine anymore.

He stared at the necklace he got for her. 

She would've loved it.

He had the urge to chuck it out in the woods but decided to keep it instead. As a memory. A memory that would always remind him of the time when he was once happy with Kang Hyemin.

Who knows, maybe he'd get to give it to her one day. One day. Sunghoon sighed and closed his eyes. He wondered why couldn't he be happy at least once? Every time he felt genuine happiness, something had to interrupt.

It happened with Chaeyeon, and now with Hyemin, except this time, it hurt more. More than before. More than ever. He clenched his fists and exhaled as more tears streamed down his cheeks.

Maybe I'm the problem. 

♡♡♡

Hyemin shut her room door and turned around. Slowly, she slid down until she felt the cold ground beneath her. She hugged herself and broke down in quiet cries. She hated herself for hurting Sunghoon. She hated how she couldn't even decide her own happiness. But there was no point anymore. She hurt the only person who made her happy. 

The moment she found herself smiling at his notifications, she knew she had fallen for him, but she chose to deny it instead. She wished they could've had more time together. She really did enjoy his presence and she hoped he enjoyed hers too. 

She was gonna miss everything about him. The stupid pick-up lines and jokes he'd bring up often, the way he always teased her, the way he would smirk whenever he made her flustered, and everything else. 

Hyemin wished she could turn back time to the times when they were both happy and savor those moments. She took those moments for granted and now she felt immense remorse. 

You never know the true meaning of a moment until it becomes a memory.

She looked around her messy room that was decorated with clothes everywhere as well as items she wanted to bring with her. 

Hyemin sniffed and wiped her tears. She stared at herself in the mirror and frowned. It seemed like crying has been the only thing she'd been doing these past few days. 

She cried so much that she started to feel numb to the pain. Sighing, she approached the suitcase and continued packing with blurry vision and a numb feeling. 

She picked up her penguin plushie and immediately thought of Sunghoon. She bit her lip and clenched her fist to stop herself from crying. She wiped her tears with the sleeve of the hoodie and remembered that it was from Sunghoon. 

She proceeded towards her closet and half of it was filled with either Sunghoon's hoodies or shirts. Everything she had made her think of him. In a way, she liked it, but it was also a way to remind her about how everything ended. Which was her fault. 

She blamed herself for falling for him. It would never turn out this way if she didn't fall for the boy. But again, she was grateful she did. Four months ago she hated Sunghoon's guts and now she was beyond doubt in love with him. 

I'm glad I met him, she thought.

I'm glad I met her, he thought.

short chapter sorry :(

this book is ending soon </3