♡20

"Oh god Hyemin, sit still!" Jiwon scolded

"But it hurts!" 

Jiwon had been trying to fix her hair for the past 20 minutes but to no avail, as Hyemin kept moving. Jiwon had come over to help Hyemin prepare for the date which was in an hour. After a few more minutes of struggles, she decided to just tie her hair with a blue ribbon to match her dress. (link in the comments).

Jiwon then put on some light makeup to match the overall look. "Aaand we're done," 

Hyemin looked at herself in the mirror and her jaw dropped. She almost couldn't recognize herself in the mirror. She looked different, but the good kind. For the first time in a while, she actually felt confident. 

"Thank you so much!" She hugged Jiwon. 

"No problem, now let's go take some pictures because you look gorgeous." 

Jiwon dragged the younger outside with her camera. They spent about 20 minutes taking pictures until Sunghoon texted her saying it was time to go. 

"Have fun on your date," Jiwon winked at her and she mentally cringed. 

"Why is everyone making a big deal out of this?"

"Because after dates, that's when the kissing happens," Jiwon raised her eyebrows teasingly at her. 

She widened her eyes and her cheeks flushed pink. "W-well, that's not gonna happen yet."

"Yet? So you do plan on kissing—"

"No! I don't plan on kissing him ever!"

"Kissing who?" A voice asked behind them. 

Recognizing the voice instantly, Hyemin quickly spoke up before Jiwon could do so. "No one."

"She was talking about—" 

Hyemin cut her off. "Let's go now! Don't wanna be late right?" 

Sunghoon nodded at her words and talked towards his car. She turned around to give her best friend one more glare to which Jiwon just puckered her lips teasingly. She turned her head and managed to get a good look at the boy properly. 

He wore black pants with a long-sleeved dark beige shirt over a black t-shirt he wore under. All the buttons were undone which revealed a silver necklace he wore. His hair didn't look too neat but not too messy either, just in between both. Hyemin fought the silent urge to run her hands through his silky hair. (pic in media)

"Your outfit, you look pretty," He broke the silence. 

"Thanks," She turned her gaze to the floor and wondered if he caught her checking him out. "You look good too." 

"Of course, I do." 

Hyemin just rolled her eyes at his words and he let out a chuckle. 

The whole car ride to the restaurant was in silence. Hyemin found herself being nervous bundle and her hands started to get clammy. She realized how quiet Sunghoon got, not even saying a word as his eyebrows furrowed throughout the whole ride. 

He must be nervous too...

To say Sunghoon felt uneasy about this was an understatement.

These past few months he avoided Chaeyeon like the plague in order for him to move on from her and for a while, he was doing well. Sunghoon was extremely nervous as this would be the first time in months he would talk to her. Like an actual conversation and not just exchanging a few words.

He still had lingering feelings for the girl but he couldn't do that to Jungwon, no way. Sure, he had this huge, fat, pathetic crush on Im Chaeyeon but one of his best friends, Jungwon did too. Plus he himself was already in a (fake) relationship.

However, Sunghoon was only worried about whether his old feelings will resurface back again. He let out a small sigh as they reached the restaurant.

"You okay?" Hyemin asked before they left the car.

Absolutely not.

"Yep." He curtly replied, his heart hammering against his chest.

He intertwined their hands together, which caught Hyemin totally off guard and they both walked towards the entrance. A gush of cold wind rushed past them as soon as they stepped into the restaurant.

Hushed chatters resonated throughout the cafe and everyone seemed to be having a good time. She noticed how they were a lot of couples here, mostly their age though.

It didn't take long to find Jungwon and Chaeyeon's table as Jungwon gave them a small wave.

"It's so good to see you guys!" Chaeyeon exclaimed. "And Hyemin your fit is amazing."

"It's nice to see you too and I could say the same about your fit," Hyemin grinned at the younger as she sat down. Jungwon and Sunghoon did some kind of handshake before they both sat back down. 

"It's been a while right?" Chaeyeon spoke up, looking at Sunghoon. 

As soon as they made eye contact, Sunghoon's words got stuck in his throat. All he could think about was how pretty Im Chaeyeon looked right now. He internally scolded himself and cleared his throat, "Yeah, it has."

The 4 ordered their food and conversed with each other. Well, more like the three of them did because Sunghoon went silent throughout the whole date, only occasionally speaking up when a question was directed to him. 

Hyemin gently nudged him, earning his attention. She noticed he'd been silent ever since they were in the car and he barely even touched his food.

"Are you sure you're okay?" She whispered. 

He gave a small smile and nodded in return, hoping she'd buy it. 

She realized he only made an effort to listen whenever Chaeyeon was speaking. She could see the way his eyes glimmered as he silently watched her speak. And the light pink blush that dusted his cheeks after. She could see the way he looked at her, was different from other girls. 

Hyemin then put the pieces together and that's when it hit her. 

Sunghoon likes Im Chaeyeon.