Chapter 6

"LAURA! I need help over here", yelled Justin.

"I'm kinda busy!", laura replied while trying to dodge the punches being thrown to her by one of the weirdly shaped creatures surrounding them.

"Ha ha ha ha ha haaaaa, you will never defeat me, I'M UNSTOPPABLE! ha ha ha ha ha", Logan said with an evil laugh.

"He's too strong, we can't defeat him alone", Justin stated as he tried so hard to stay alive fighting creatures that kept multiplying".

"DAD! STOP IT", someone yelled from a distance.

Justin turned around to see Chris standing there, drenched in the blood of injured soldiers.

"CHRIS, YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE OUT HERE, GO BACK INSIDE!", laura shouted so he can hear her from where he was.

"I CAN HELP, I CAN STOP HIM, I KNOW I CAN!"

"YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE ON HEALTH DUTY, TENDING TO OUR INJURED!".

"I KNOW, BUT I CANT JUST WATCH YOU GUYS DIE WHEN I KNOW THAT I CAN STOP IT!".

"YOU CANNOT STOP ME BOY, YOU WILL DIE WITH THE REST OF THEM!", Logan stated.

"YOU DO NOT HAVE THE POWER FOR COMBAT CHRIS, NOW GO INSIDE. THAT IS AN ORDER!", Laura said more seriously this time, keeping her eyes locked on Logan, who seemed amused with all that was going on.

Almost immediately, Logan screamed in pain and fell to his knees, revealing Chris who was standing behind him with a heart in his right hand.

"Aaaaaaahhhh", Maddie screamed, waking up from a terrible nightmare.

"Oh my God", she said panting and holding her chest in fear. She sat there for quite sometime, trying to figure out why she was having these nightmares every night, each one worse than the last.

She finally escaped her thoughts and looked at her alarm clock, it was still 5:45am. She slowly stood up from her bed, took off her clothes and went into the shower. She felt like she was there, like she lived the dream, like the blood of the solders and of Logan were on her hands.

Once she stepped into the shower, she looked down to her hands, they were shaking, imagining the blood, flashbacks of the dream started flooding into her mind. She covered her face with her hands and tried thinking of positive things.

She had no idea that she took so much time in the bathroom due to her deep thoughts. But surprisingly, it felt like the long shower helped cleanse her from the unbearable fear she was feeling earlier.

~•~
"Come on man, you can't be serious", Jake said to Dylan.

Jake Collin was more or less a comedian, he was free with everyone and made friends easily. He was slimmer than Dylan but also had a perfect body, he was good looking and he would do absolutely anything for his best friend, his bro, Dylan.

"What? I can't just sit,watch and walk away when I know that she might be in trouble", Dylan said.

"Then don't sit and watch, that way you won't have to walk away, because there wouldn't be anything to walk away from".

"Look man, I can't do that, Maya is a really good friend of mine. We study together, we go for competitions together, we are practically siblings in book".

"Now that right there is the reason why I'm the one who cracks the jokes and good job rubbing it in my face that I'm not smart".

"Come on Jake, of course your smart, just not book smart",

"Yay, that made me feel so much better", Jake said sarcastically.

Meanwhile,
Janet and Iris were standing at their lockers when Maddie and Maya approached them.