PART 22

"Huft..."

Jungkook, who had just finished paying for some of the food he bought at the airport supermarket, turned his head when he heard a sigh from the girl next to him.

"What is it?" He asked while holding the girl's fingers gently while rubbing the back of her hand.

"Jungkook , I think I have a stomach ache. Should we postpone it to next week?" Jisoo asked quickly. Jungkook stared at the woman for a moment from behind his sunglasses, then snorted in amusement. This is the umpteenth excuse that Jisoo has said since this morning.

Whether it's hers mother's friend's birthday, a call from a client, forgetting to feed her pet, and now she has a stomach ache, Jungkook knows all of these are just excuses to cover up the girl's nervousness.

"There's a toilet on the plane if you want to pee," he replied casually.

"Um it isn't that, it seems I have a stomach disease?"

"You don't have that disease."

"I just caught iy this morning."

"We had breakfast on time. And you ate a lot."

"Erm then I ate too much—"

This time Jungkook rolled his eyes as he stopped walking. The reason is that he had offered to postpone the schedule to Jisoo, but Jisoo refused. And now, the girl had a myriad of reasons. Actually is Jisoo a high school kid or what?

"Jisoo — soon to be — Jeon. I ask again, do we need to cancel this trip?" Jungkook asked. Jisoo with a brown coat and her sweet flowing hair was silent looking at Jungkook with round eyes. Oh, adorable.

"Hmm?" Jungkook asked asking for an answer. Jisoo finally sighed.

"Um no, sorry I'm just looking for an excuse. I'm nervous to the point of wanting to die," Jisoo muttered.

"Come here," Jungkook ordered, making Jisoo inch closer and letting the man put his arm around her tiny body to kiss her temples gently. Jisoo automatically wrapped her arms around Jungkook waist to calm herself down. She knew she shouldn't be like this. Jisoo should act confident and make Jungkook and his family proud to choose her as a future wife. Not being lousy like this.

But to be honest, she had never been this nervous before either. Not even when she met the parents of her former lovers.

*

*

*

"Jungkook, do I look presentable?" Jisoo asked as soon as she got out of the toilet to tidy up her makeup and coat. The girl let Jungkook look at her from head to toe, then nodded.

"You're not nervous now are you?" Jungkook reached out his arm for the girl to reach while the other hand pulled the small suitcase that belonged to the two of them. After all, they won't be there for long, so what they brought was only a pair of clothes, the rest was Jisoo's make-up, and Jungkook's equipment.

"Still a little, but no. It's much better after sleeping. I've been practicing in a dream," she replied making Jungkook snort in amusement.

"Oh yeah, how are we traveling to your parents' house?"

"My mother will come pick us up."

"Your mother?? Wait— why your mother? Oh, I think there's another way," Jisoo mumbled with a worried face. Jungkook chuckled softly as he touched the girl's forehead with his finger. Jisoo's frown disappeared.

"She's too happy that I brought you. Are you said you're not nervous anymore?"

"Oh, that's right."

*