Neither of us knows what to say, but Dio, we both seem to want to say so much. 

"Today is about triplets, whatever is going on between us shouldn't tangle around our kids."- almost whispered Cami and I sighed, dying on the inside because of the way we are right now. 

"Can we talk tonight, bambina, per favore? I cannot stand us this way, I need you and I want you to know that we have nothing standing between us."- I asked pleadingly, suffering as much as she is and she knows it.

"I want us back. I want you back because I won't survive without you."- I said vulnerably, not aware of how I can give up on the woman I worship and live for. 

And those eyes...Those twinkling, beautiful, soft green, full of tears eyes filled with how much she wants and needs us, how much she years for me and the way we used to be. 

"You have no idea how much to run into your arms. and forget those 24 hours"- whispered Cami shakily, tears staining her pretty eyes, my heart bleeding and racing. 

"Amore mio, per favore. I know we are stronger than this."- I said, a tear rushing down my cheek. 

"Tonight."- she agreed without thinking for long, making my heart skip beats. 

"But right triplets are the centre of our attention. It is their 11th birthday and it should be the happiest day for them."- spoke my wife and I nodded, the two of us needing to cool off and gather our composure before approaching our bambini. 

We drank jasmine tea in silence, unaware of how to label the tension that we both clearly want to erase and make sure it never ever returns. 

Her.

We put our babies first and that's how it should be right now. 

Triplets are elated, surrounded by the people they love and care about, and they are enjoying their birthday party to the fullest - that's all that matters. 

"Mamma, get in the picture!"- chirped Lucas, making me smile at how eagerly he led me to the photo booth, where he and Emi attacked me with hugs and kisses. 

I kissed my boys' cheeks and hugged them tightly, finding peace in my children's arms for the first time in the last 24 hours. 

Boys happily dashed to their friends and I glanced around, finding Sofi with her best friends and sisters, colouring flowers made of clay. Quadruplets and twins are currently napping under their papà's watch. 

A few mothers and Gretchen occupied me with talks and I excused myself from time to time to check on the smoothness of the party, sharing this little duty with Leonardo, who is conversing with Niro and a couple of dads.

Sofia's P.O.V.

I lingered near the amazing, very pretty and super colourful candy bar with Luc and Emi, the 3 of us gazing at mamma and papà worriedly. 

"Why aren't they hugging, like they always do?"- I murmured, not liking how oddly unaffectionate they are. 

"Papà never misses a chance to kiss mamma."- added Emi worriedly and we sighed, scared and worried about what that could be. 

Tini also noticed this, and so did our other siblings: no big, cosy family hugs; mamma and papà being away from each other almost all this time; those little glances as if they are meant to be a secret; papà isn't hugging or kissing mamma whenever she is near him; they don't laugh or smile together and that's only what we picked up on so far. 

We are mortified of what this could lead to, a few of our friends have that and we are aware of how hard it is to live that way, how often arguments happen and how empty and awkward every next encounter becomes.