Chapter 13

Will nervously entered the house and the first thing he saw was the destruction of his front room. The tables and furniture were upturned and items were scattered everywhere. It looked as if a feral beast was unlocked which made Will shudder. Would he have to get some weapon to defend himself . He looked at the taser in consideration before keeping it in his pocket.

Atleast hannibal was not unstable to hurt the dogs so maybe he can clam himdown he thought and ascended up the stairs.

Will stood infront of the bathroom as he stared into the wooden door. He tried the door and it was clearly locked from inside . He softly knocked on the door.

"Hannibal........its me"

Silence

"Hannibal can you hear me? "Will got on his knees and peaked in the keyhole but couldn't see any thing except for a head full of blond hair as if the man was leaning on the door.

"Come on hannibal what ever this is we can talk it out "will could clearly hear the other man heavy breathing and could feel the door was also slowly but slightly ratelling which rose wills concern to a higher level.

"Hannibal........hannibal let me in. Your clearly not ok. Are you shaking ? Sweating ....nausateated? Your might be having a panic attack hannibal open the door " will said urgently

"Come on hannibal ......please........just open the door ......I am here for you it will be alright ........."
After what felt like an eternity will finally heard the sound of the key unlocking.
He scrambled up quickly and was greeted by the hunched figure of hannibal with his knuckles bloody which alarmed him.

The man's face was smudged with his blood and eyes were blood shot red as if he had been crying. His hair dishevelled and clothes hung loose on his thin body.

Will silently but cautiously stepped towards hannibal who shifted back still breathing heavily and specks of sweats glistening on his cheeks his flight or fight motion on high alert . There were shards of broken glasses on the floor which crunched beneath their feet as
Will raised his hand on submission as he slowly spoke

"Hannibal it's ok .........I am here ......."

A hoarse whisper answered him
"Not for long are you ? " hannibal slides down the wall and wraps his arms around himself
"I heard you .........I heard you on the phone "

Will immediately tensed at those words.
His Conversation with Jack.......did hannibal hear them all? Judging by his reaction after finding will missing he might have.

Choosing his words carefully will stepped forward inside the room.

"It was a act hannibal .......to set Jack off our way......"Will tried to assure hannibal who smirked angrily

"You called me a beast .......will "

Will gluped heavily this was not in the plan.

"You said ......your moving away ..........I can't let you do that .......I can't go back to that place will........not again .........."

Hannibal growled eyes glowing with the haze of feverish delusion and lips trembling. The older man's body heat was high enough for will to feel it now that they were close enough.

Will knew the threat hannibal possessed for both himself and will. Not only was he delirous with fever he was in full panic state and believed that Will betrayed him again . Softly Will whispered

"Hannibal calm down your feverish .......we need to get your temperature down......."
"My head hurts ........what did you drug me with ........" hannibal growled moving  towards will who scrambled back.

"It's just your medication I have not Drugged you hannibal you need to calm down "

Hannibal sneered " I trusted you......will......I trusted you......gave you everything.........everything.........I ever owned ...........but yet .........yet ........"

"HANNIBAL ..........please listen to me ........you need to trust me ......."

"......I can't go back.........there....." hannibal chocked out before lunging on will.

They both fell out of the room with hannibal on top of Will trying to choke him. Will could feel the fever .........looked into hannibals feverish eyes as he tried to get him off. He successfully managed to get hold of hannibals struggling body and tried to pry off the fingers from his throat.

Hannibal let out a growl which soon turned into soft sobbing.

"I .......am I not enough for you will.......I gave you everything.........but still . .........you  reject me ..........you try to send me......back to that place.............I loved her.........I loved abigail as my own daughter............we could have been a family..........together......." hannibal cried out his words slurred.

Hannibals words hit Will hard as he tried to make sense . Oxygen staring to deprive on his mind he looked into hannibal's face pale and filled with great sadness.

Will stopped trying to remove hannibals fingers but instead wrapped his arms around the older man and embraced him into a tight hold. He slowly but softly wishperd to hannibal trying to reassure the man

"I know ......I know I was foolish .......and I admit I ruined our family  and I wanted it as much as you did. But that's......in the past hannibal but I am here now...........I won't let any one harm you ever again............my pride was what  separated us and it will be my downfall........but I am willing to fall.......as long as I am with you ...........I won't regret anything......"Will croaked out as he felt the pressure on his throat loosen. He sucked in air as the hold on his throat was gone.

Will gently held the delirous sobbing man as he kissed his head.
"We will never be apart again my dearest........cause there is no me with out you ." It felt like hours before hannibals sobbing gradually faded and he fell asleep on wills arm.

Will drew the man closer and held him tight.

Will promised he would let the whole world burn down to the ground before letting this man go again .