15. 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐲

[Author here! I got some comments wondering why the characters have a phone; I'm sorry if it's weird for you! I just couldn't think of any other way for the characters to communicate fast and not in person ^^' Let's just say that the characters are a little bit more modern in this story than in the actual & canon Genshin Impact story!]

"Hey, that's my bread!" An Arataki gang member complained. "No it's mine!" The other one argued. "Guys, we have a guest here. Behave." Shinobu gave them a death stare. They gulped.

You were having breakfast with the gang. Itto and Shinobu sat next to you. "So, uh," A member with his mouth full asked, "Who exactly is she? I know that you're Y/N, but how did you and boss meet?"
"He was being an idiot and I had to take care of him. Not that it's something unusual for him..." Itto gasped. "Anyways, we became closer to the point that we even travelled together." You smiled. "Mhm! Y/N's the best! My cool girl!" Itto smiled. You immediately turned your head away from him, but since Shinobu was on the other side, she had a great view of your red face. "You're crushing on my boss?" She whispered. "Don't tell anyone." You answered. "Don't worry." Shinobu smiled.

"All right, everyone! We should let the boss take care of Y/N and leave them alone. We have work to do." Shinobu commanded and everyone besides Itto and you stood up to leave. You looked at her, she winked at you and left. You smiled in response. You turned back to Itto to see what he's doing.

"Wow..." said Itto. "What is it?" You raised an eyebrow. "The view's great! Look at all the bugs walking and playing around on the ground!" He was pretty amazed. "Oh, I thought you were talking about the landscape's view... well, I guess the ground is great, too." You agreed, smiling awkwardly.

"Buuut! I have a better view next to me!" Itto smiled and looked at you. "N-Now now, you're being too nice." You chuckled. "I mean it, Y/N! I, uhm, I want you to stay here with me, forever. Please don't leave..." He dropped to the ground on one knee, held your hand and looked down. If he didn't stop, passengers would've thought he was proposing to you! "Uhm..." You said.

"Y/N, please, I lo-" *BZZZ BZZZ*

It was your phone. It seemed that someone had called you. It was... Diluc?! What did he want from you?

"Oh, sorry, it's Diluc. I can talk to him later, please continue." You said. "..." Itto said nothing. He had a disappointed look on his face. "Itto?" You asked worriedly. "O-Oh, haha! Forget it, I wasn't going to say anything important, answer him." Itto laughed. You could tell it sounded pretty fake... but you took out your phone to accept Diluc's call.

"Hello, Y/N. I hope you've been well?" -Diluc

"Hey, master Diluc. Yes and you? Is there anything you need?" -Y/N

"I've been here to Inazuma again for another meeting, because someone from the wine industry in Inazuma wanted to discuss something with me. He says that my tavern serves the best wine that they even sell it in Inazuma... hmpf." -Diluc

"That's admirable." You chuckled, "I'm actually in Inazuma too at the moment." -Y/N

"R-Really?" Asked Diluc excitedly. You never heard him being excited...

"Yes, but I plan on leaving soon." You sighed.

"If that's the case, how about we enjoy the firework show together this afternoon?" -Diluc

"Uhm..." -Y/N

"Hmpf," Diluc sighed. "You can bring your friend, too."

"Great! Goodbye!" -Y/N

"Goodbye..." -Diluc

You hung up and turned to Itto. "So, big boy, want to see the firework show today?" You asked. Itto gasped, "Yes!!!"

------------------------------------------------------
Hii! Sorry for the short chapter, but I want to write the firework show in the next chapter.
I apologise if it's unpleasant that Diluc appeared again, but I wanted to add some jealousy and drama hehe. Diluc really seems like some business man that travels around a lot in this fanfic lmao😭
I hope you enjoyed it though :)
Stay tuned!<3