9. 𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐛𝐢𝐠 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞

"Isn't that mrs. L/N!? I heard of her, she's an amazing inventor!" A teenage girl and her friend ran towards you, asking you for an autograph.

"Hm? Oh yeah, here take this autograph." You forced a smile. "You are always so kind when you explain your new machines to the people! I would love to become like you, or even better, work together with you!" She fangirled.

"You would love to become like me...? No, you don't want that. Make something useful out of your life and don't be like me, you can still create a beautiful life. And working together with me? You would hate it... trust me. Do something good for you, sweetie." You told her. You expected her to be encouraged by your words, but instead she looked disappointed.

"Oh, uhm, okay. Have a good day..." She and her friend left. "Why is she being sad?" You wondered. "Because you were mean to her, lol!" A girl voice said behind you.

"Hu Tao! You scared me to death!" You screamed. "Oh, a new costumer would be great, but I don't want it to be you!" She smiled. She loves teasing you. "Anyways, what are you doing here?" You asked. "Uhmm I live here? And I'm doing my job? I think I should be the one asking YOU why you are here!" She smiled at you. "That's true... I'm here for work too." You explained. "And to tell some girl, as her idol, to not be like you?" Hu Tao said. "Yes... wait no. I would never do something like that to someone who supports me." You told her. "But you just did." She smirked.

That's when you realized it. You were actually kind of mean to that stranger who actually admires you and your work. Normally, you wouldn't be like this, but looking back on what happened the night before, you couldn't help but be sad, angered and confused. Your conversation with Itto... You wondered how he was doing and realized more and more that what you did was wrong.

"I sense that something is wrong! Tell me!" Hu Tao placed her hand on your shoulder. You looked at her. You had to talk about it with someone. Someone needed to give you advice and tell you if what you did was wrong and how you could make up for it. So you explained her the situation.

"I see... I didn't know that someone like you could fall in love! You were always focused on work, haha!" She laughed. Your head was as red as her eyes. "I am not in l-love with him! I just... like his accompany around me." You defended yourself. "Yeah sure, but if you say so then I'll let that slide... for now! But then why were you like this to him when you like him being around you and even go on vacation with him?" She asked.

"First of all, I'm here for work and he is here to escape, not for our enjoyment. Second of all... I'm not sure, I can only guess. We were suddenly going on the topic about my past and I didn't want that. He kept going to ask me about it and it made me mad. I was overwhelmed and needed some time by myself. Now I realise what I did was wrong. So wrong. He doesn't know anything at all about this nation and I left him on his own. He's sweet and caring... but can be stupid sometimes. He doesn't deserve this at all... doesn't deserve me at all..." You sighed.

"I'm sorry to see you being in this situation, Y/N. As your great, funny, beautiful, strong, understanding, special-"
"Hu Tao..." You stopped her. "Right! Ahem, as your good friend, I want to help you. Go find him and apologise, that's the most sensible way!" Said Hu Tao.

She looked at her phone to see what time it is. "...Oh shoot, I have to leave now! Sorry, Y/N. Good luck!" Hu Tao ran away while holding her hat with a hand so it doesn't fly away.

You thought about the things she told you and she was right. You had to apologise. So, you made yourself ready to go find Itto.

The first place you were searching for him is the mountain you placed the tent on. Itto wasn't there though...
You searched the whole Liyue harbor, but no sign of Itto.