5. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐭

Today you woke up way later than usually. The reason why was because you weren't sleeping the whole night. Only around 4 AM you were able to close your eyes and fall asleep. Well, it was kinda Itto's fault for taking you out that late. You sat up to see Itto sitting on your couch, again. He was so exhausted last night so you let him sleep in your room again. Normally, you wouldn't let anyone do that but since it was Itto... you allowed him to stay for one night.

"You're awake! Hooray!" He screamed.

"Hooray." You sarcastically imitated him.

"God, I'm so hungry! What are we gonna eat today?" He asked.

"We?" You asked him, surprised that he planned to spend his day with you again.

"Of course! We're close friends!" He stood up and walked towards you to sit on the edge of your bed.

"We're nothing like that. You're lucky I didn't kill you yet." You smirked at him.

Surprisingly, he came closer to you and placed his head on your shoulder and whispered: "I know you wouldn't do that."
You were in shock but didn't push him away. "You know nothing about me." You said as you looked away.

"Fine, I'll leave you alone for now. I have duties to do anyway!" He said proudly as he pulled away. Itto? Duties? Whatever it was it'll probably end up as chaos. But you were glad to have a day for yourself, too. You needed to continue your work because if not you're gonna spend your time in Inazuma way longer and you couldn't afford that.

You and Itto left the hotel, waved each other goodbye and went your own ways.

While you were on your way to work, you thought to yourself: "Why am I even spending time with someone I just met? Well, I could say the same about Diluc when I was in Mondstadt but it's different for Itto. Itto seems interesting which makes me interested in him..." You wonder if he's interested in you too. Well, he already told you you guys were good friends. He told you a lot about Kujou Sara and you can tell that he doesn't like the way she treats him. But you treat him the same way, so why does he still come back to you when he literally runs away from Sara? Question after question came into your mind and before you realised it you arrived.

"Ah, hello Y/N!" Hajime said as he smiled at you.

"Hey, Hajime! I'm here to continue my work today. I hope you don't mind." You said as you smiled back at him. Hajime is someone you can easily get along with. You like working together with him.

"Of course I do not mind, famous Y/N! But I must tell you that today you'll be not the only person besides me working here." You raise an eyebrow and look at the person behind Hajime. It was a boy and he was the same height as you. He looked similar to Itto since he had white hair and red eyes. But he gave you a different vibe.

"Oh, hello. I'm Kaedehara Kazuha. You must be mrs. L/N. I've heard a lot about you." He said as he bowed down.
"No need to be so polite... but I appreciate it, thanks. Yes, I'm Y/N L/N." You answered him. He turned back to continue his work.
"Uhm." You didn't know what to say. It was kinda awkward. "Hm?" He responded. "Nothing. I was just wondering why you are working here. Perhaps your weapon broke?" You asked him. He looked surprised at you. Seems like you were right. He looked at you and said, "Yeah, but it's not mine." He then looked at the sword. "It's for a friend of mine. I wanted to fix it on my own." Something told you that there's more to this story but you couldn't care less.

Time flew by and it was already 6PM. While you were working you learned more about Kazuha and so did he about you. He's a calm and kind person and you felt sorry when he told you his story about his friend, Tomo. You were on your way back to the hotel, when you heard someone calling you. You turned around to see two familiar people. The traveler and Paimon.