13- My Luck

17/5/2009 (Sunday)

Afternoon

The exam starts next week, which means tomorrow. Sighed, I've studied enough now currently in the hallway 1st floor, alone, everyone is either going out or studying in their rooms. Put down my pen beside the textbook, the table is not a mess but I guess a few papers scattered does count.

I just felt not in the mood to study in my bedroom today.

Checking my status on the blue screen.

My academic level is almost to the max including Understanding and Skill. At this rate, I might score another top 3 in class. While I was distracted, I didn't notice Mitsuru approach and stand beside me. "You're here?"

Smiling at her, "Yeah, needed a big space study."

"Interesting." She chuckles, taking a seat in front of me. "Exams begin tomorrow. Are you prepared?"

"Of course!"

"Ah, just as I suspected. I'll be looking forward to seeing your grades like last year." She said, glancing at the papers, "To be honest, I'm not well prepared as I should be. I'm still preoccupied with monitoring shadows."

True. Every time the shadows appeared, they got stronger and stronger as time passes. We need to keep training... after the exam of course.

I cheer her up, "Don't worry, senpai. You'll be doing great in your exam."

She smiles ever so softly, "Thank you. I wish you good luck too, Arisato."

"Call me by my first name. It's weird for you to call me that since we're friends now." I said, nervously.

Blinking her eyes in realization, her eyes glance at the side somehow looking at something before she looks back at me with a slight grin, "Of course." She stands up, patting my head, "I'll be leaving you two for now."

"Huh?"

I turn around to see Akihiko standing in front of his door, seems like he is about to head out, but stopped when he glanced at Mitsuru, who jabs his shoulder with her finger as if she was scolding him and she left the two of us, alone.

Awkward...

We still haven't talked to each other since the hospital incident.

....

....

...

Come on, say something!!

He opens his mouth to speak, "About—"

Grooowwllll

My face heats up in embarrassment!

Damn it! At a time like this!

He look at me in surprise, avoiding my eyes as he cover his mouth that seems like he was hiding his smile. "Wait here." He quickly went downstairs, leaving me alone still feeling embarrassed for him to hear a loud rumbling of my stomach.

'I regretted not taking my breakfast this morning!' Slight tear fall to my cheek.

'What a loud grow—'