Chapter 7

After my headache cleared, Ash took me down to the town to meet some of his friends, and to get decorations and trinkets for my room. He said it was now officially mine.

I swung a bag around, as Ash led me inside what looked like a lab. "Professor Oak?"

"Ash? Is that you?" A man responded, appearing in a doorway.

"I brought my new friend, Iris! Is Gary here?" Ash asked.

"Right behind you, Ashy-Boy," Someone snickered.

Ash and I jumped, turning to a boy with auburn hair.

"What's this? Another friend? How popular are you?" Gary teased.

Ash glared at Gary, playfully. "She's an escapee from the evil. She's living with us at the castle."

I sighed in relief, glad Ash was still sticking with my story.

Gary looked at me. "Really? Interesting. You much be agile," He then paused. "Why do you look so tired? Has Ashy-Boy been running you around everywhere? I'll tell him to stop-"

"Quit calling me that!" Ash huffed.

"I just got done with my side effects of outrage. Happy?" I said, flatly. This Gary was annoying!

"Outrage? You better not of kissed him with the side effects. That would've been embarrassing," Gary snickered.

I looked at Ash. "Please tell me I didn't."

Ash shook his head. "Anyway, got to go! Got... Ugh... Princely stuff to do!" Ash said, dragging me away with him.

§

Ash led me to a bakery. "I'm friends with the baker's daughter."

"Hi!" Dawn smiled. Bubbles seemed to fly around her.

A bubble hit my nose, exploding.

"Sorry, Dawn has a hard time keeping her powers under control," Ash shrugged.

"At least I don't use my powers on a mouse!" Dawn smirked.

"Is that so wrong?" Ash crossed his arms.

Dawn looked at the bag I was holding. "Ooh, Ash treating you to expensive stuff? He must really like you!"

Ash and I blushed. "I-i'm just letting her decorate her room in the castle! Is that so wrong?"

"Castle?" Dawn gasped, flabbergasted.

"I escaped from the evil... I was there prisoner," I explained.

Dawn nodded. "You poor soul! Make sure to visit! I'll treat you to something special."

I nodded. "Will do!"

§

After about twenty more friends, I looked up at him exhausted. "Why do you have so many friends? And why does that one girl have to be the farmer's daughter!? Her mom caught us... She made me ride the buffaloes until I knew every single place that could possibly be bruised!"

Ash laughed. "You seem tired. My friends can be a handful, especially all at once. Maybe I should've spread them out..."

"That would've been lovely," I looked at him with a slight giggle, then tripped over my own feet. "Ow!"

"You seem to fall a lot," Ash smiled.

I groaned in agreement. "I do. I'm probably just used to the evil's side..."

Ash hummed playfully, before scooping me up, picking me up bridal style.

"A-ash!?" I gasped.

"You said you were tired, right? Plus, I already knew you weren't heavy. I had to carry you last night when you were under those side effects," Ash laughed.

"What else did I do!?" I cried.

"Nothing much, but you called me cute," Ash said, blushing a bit.

Me, on the other hand, turned beet red.

"What!?"