08.

Amille Laurent.

I was clearly in a way obsessed, maybe it was the way he said my name, or called me duck face, maybe it was moose, or whatever else he called me that made me blush and want to hide but then couldn't because his hand was in mine and he held me down. Clearly I was whipped with Camryn Summer, I just hadn't decided to tell my father that, although I'm sure he was already suspecting that something was going on between me and Camryn, since the dinner we had together, till the day of the barbeque, which was actually today. "Will you stop texting Camryn for just a minute and help your dearest dad set up for this barbeque?" Dad signs and I couldn't help blush whilst putting away my phone.

"It's not Camryn." I argue and he snickered handing me a large bowl of his favourite lettuce garden salad. "You can only fool your friends, not me, —I know you, —you're my son and I know only Camryn could make you smile like that." He retorted and I made a face akin to a cringe since he had actually been right about who I was talking to and yes, my dad did know me pretty well, I was more like him in way I couldn't explain despite being adopted, it confused a lot of people but I actually appreciated that similarity and bond. "So since I have your attention, did you send that painting, also did you give your headmaster the other one?" He questioned and I nodded setting down the bowl on the large picnic table.

"I did, and I've started on another one, the headmaster's wife paid commission for, it seems I might just get back all the money I used on supplies." I announced and dad gave me that proud of you smile. "I'm still not letting you touch your other cards, allowance only, I still can't believe Kyra actually allowed you to buy so much, and paid for it too." He stated and I chuckled looking away with a smile, dad hadn't really liked the idea that I almost bought a whole stores worth of materials for my studio, so I was cut off from my cards until further notice only my allowance and uncle Kyra wasn't allowed to buy me anything unless it was an emergency, even if I used my puppy dog eyes, but what dad didn't know is that aunt Bonnie caved just as easily to my requests meaning she could buy stuff for me, but I wouldn't tell him.

We continued with setting up until everything was ready, uncle Kyra, aunt Bonnie and my cousins would be here soon since uncle Kyra volunteered to man the grill, I'm sure Maxine's dad would be there too, it was a small gathering but I liked it better because it had the people I was closest too. "Dad did you invite Dean and his mom?" I questioned as we stood in the kitchen placing covers on the food that would be served later. "I thought you did." He replied and my jaw dropped, I was in shock, Dean was my friend and not inviting him would be bad. "Just kidding sweetie, he told me he would come with Maxine since he lives close to her." He asserted and I sighed in relief then glared at him.

"Did you have to scare me!" I signed and he chuckled. "Seeing you all flustered is worth it, you're too cute, —I couldn't resist." He laughed and I groaned wanting to smack him but I huffed and turned to walk away. "Okay okay, I'm sorry, —forgive your dad, hmm, I'll make you that french toast in the morning." He was goading me into accepting his apology and honestly I was weak enough to accept, dad had a way with food that I couldn't resist. "Fine!" I grumbled in sign and he ruffled my hair letting me go from the back hug. "Great, now go get ready, do you want your friends and Camryn to see you all oily and sweaty." He teased and my surprise was evident as I dashed up the stairs leaving my dad laughing in the kitchen, I still had time to get ready but I knew I wouldn't have time if I didn't start on it now.

After a not so quick shower, I was in black jeans, they fit just right, a mustard tee shirt with a black print of a lion, my hair I decided to put in two braids, leaving a few strands loose on my face, I didn't accessorize much, only a black choker and a full piece gold earring, with my shoes on, I was ready to go. "On my way duck face, hope you made a feast, I'm bringing my beast." I read the text from Camryn which made me chuckle and smile, his line was corny but for some reason it's why I actually liked it. "Ofcourse you are, what would you be if you weren't a beast, neanderthal." I replied the text and placed my phone in my back pocket whilst grabbing my tablet from the charger, today it would come in handy.

"Thanks mister Laurent, I'll just go up." I heard Maxine by the stairs as she came up to my door in the moments that came, a knock alerted me that she was there. "Amille, can I come in?!" She asked and I quickly grabbed my phone. "Come in Maxine!" I replied as the door slightly swung open and she smiled happily. "Oh my goodness, look at you, you look great, —are you sure you're wearing this for a barbeque?" She questioned in sign and I wasn't surprised, Max could easily learn new things, she was a genius and ever since we met, —she had actually tasked herself with learning my language, and from how she was signing  soon she would be able to say a lot more and understand more.

"I didn't overdress,—you under dressed." I retorted with my phone and she scoffed. "Please, normal people wear normal clothes to a barbeque, you're dressed up for someone." She suggestively stated wiggling her eyebrows. "No I'm not." I argued and she snickered. "You can't even type it right without your face giving you away, —if you aren't then why are you blushing, huh." She asserted as we both laughed. "Okay fine, —do you think he'll like it?" I finally confessed, of course I was dressed to impress the large wolf who made me angry and happy at the same time, ever since the dinner he had come over to my house to hang out, we talked for hours and I could barely go an hour without a text from him, it was ridiculous how much I wanted Camryn around but I liked it too.

"First thing is first, if you're happy with what you're wearing then, there is no reason why he wouldn't be happy." Max exclaims and I appreciated her words, sometimes I was insecure about how I looked, or if she or any of my friends and cousins were okay with me and my inability to actually speak, Maxine and everyone else had reassured me that I was okay, that we were okay, and Camryn most of all had even taken up sign language classes just so that I could use my phone less when we were around each other, the gesture itself made me feel some type of warm way for the big oaf, it was nice. "Thanks Max." I typed as Dean knocked on the door.

"Well look at you, I'd definitely hit that." He asserts and all I could do was roll my eyes, leave it to Dean to make some sexual innuendo remark, all meant in a good way but still makes you a bit flushed. "Thank you Dean, truly." Max mutters and Dean with his tall frame leans on the door and winks towards Max who rolls her eyes and comes over to me, Dean was a great guy, but his flirtatious ways made you want to hit him, yet he was adorable, he clearly made a lot of people confused. "Man, you should see the food outside, I am never going to another barbeque!" Only Tej could make that announcement as he got up the stairs with none other than Camryn, I could just feel it.

His presence alone filled my room, commanded it as I turned to face him, everything faded away, even my friends, it was just him and I, that stupidly sexy smirk. "Hey duck face." Oh that baritone, so smooth, it gave me goosebumps. "Hey neanderthal." I replied as he walked closer and we hugged, it felt so good, so right, though I just hadn't seen him in a few hours since we had spent the day together testing out the car he had fixed, and seeing the city, Maxine called it an impromptu date, I just didn't want to label it, whatever it was, it was fine by us.

"Okay, —so we're gonna be outside, tell me everything." Maxine announced, whispering the last part, then grabbed Dean and Tej walking out of my room, the door closed behind them and it was just me and him. "You look really, —I mean seriously fire." Camryn signed and I blushed unable to say anything but then I just had to. "Don't get the outfit wrong, it's not for you." I jabbed and he scoffed. "Oh really, —so you want me to believe you got all dolled up for a grill or maybe Tej, we both know he wants food." He retorted and here we go again. "No, —I got all dolled up for me, —yeah me." I argued. "Right, —so I should just give these flowers to your dad then, since I'm pretty sure he got dolled up too." He teased and my hands worked on their on.

"No, —wait, fine, yes." It was all jumbled up as he just burst out laughing. "How are you this adorable when you're so flustered." He teased handing me a bouquet of flowers. "I'm not flustered." I tried to argue typing on my phone. "What was that duck face, —you aren't what?" He questioned and I reacted too quickly showing my face. "I'm not flustered!" I typed but my blush gave me away and I snapped looking away but Camryn was already laughing. "Short stack, you're priceless." My heart couldn't take any more, I was sure of it, as he just laughed with a twinkle in his eye.

HOWLING LOVE

These two are just to die for, I thought I lost my groove, my magic to just write about Amille and Cam, but then as I wrote, I got it back and I can't stop smiling.

Saint Jay.